DX NetOps

• 1.  Cisco Nexus 9000 Network Devices running in ACI Mode

Posted Feb 18, 2015 12:17 PM

Hi,

I have a customer who is planning to replace one of their DC networks later this year with a Cisco Nexus 9K network, running in ACI mode.

My investigations have shown that devices 9504, 9508 and 9516 support ACI mode but the customer can't yet say for certain which will be deployed.

The customer was advised during a Cisco seminar that CA are partnered with Cisco for developing API connectivity so he wants to understand what CA's plans are for managing Cisco's ACI devices.

Can you let me know if CA are doing anything with Spectrum for Cisco ACI network devices?

Are there are any recommendations on how they should/will be modelled and managed in Spectrum?

Will CA be providing any ACI device management solution or just basic SNMP support?

Are any other Spectrum users looking at Cisco ACI devices or other SDN devices?

Any roadmap visibility for these device types and this technology would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Lesley

• 2.  Re: Cisco Nexus 9000 Network Devices running in ACI Mode

Posted Feb 25, 2015 06:52 AM

Can anyone from CA give me any information on this?

Kind Regards

Lesley

• 3.  Re: Cisco Nexus 9000 Network Devices running in ACI Mode

Posted Mar 08, 2016 02:57 AM

Did you get any answer to you question. I'm in the same situation.

/R

• 4.  Re: Cisco Nexus 9000 Network Devices running in ACI Mode

Posted Mar 08, 2016 07:06 AM

Hi Lesley,

At CA World they were talking about having UIM probes to communicate directly to the devices via API's. Not sure if that is related.

I'm sure that would only be for the more advanced things. I'm sure Spectrum will still support the devices via SNMP/usual management.

• 5.  Re: Cisco Nexus 9000 Network Devices running in ACI Mode
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 29, 2016 12:50 PM

Folks,

Cisco ACI is in our radar. There is also an idea opened on Spectrum. Add support for Cisco ACI in CA Virtual Network Assurance

While our Engineers and Architects are researching on this topic. We need volunteers who can have a Webex session with us and help us in answering some questions and clarifications.

Also I would encourage to fill in more information in the above mentioned idea.

Thanks,

Nagesh