DX NetOps

• 1.  CABI Install to Different Directory

Posted Feb 20, 2015 09:47 AM

Hi,

I am trying to install CABI on a new Windows 2008 R2 server. I want to install in into E:\CA\SC... directory but no matter what I do at installation time it goes into the C:\Program Files (x86)\ directory. There was a new VM that previously didn't have CABI on it and after the first erroneous installation I removed CABI and cleaned the system as per this Tec Tip - Tech Tip: How to manually uninstall CABI 3.2 and 3.3.

I also delete the .BusinessObjects hidden file from the root of C:\ drive and the .ZeroG file from the Program Files (x86) directory.

I have also deployed CABI successfully to the E:\ of a test machine.

Lastly I find CABI to be a particularly inconsistent product to install and is never smooth sailing, the uninstallation is shoddy at best and I I just hope that CA are doing something to address its short comings.

Any help anyone can give would be gratefully received.

Regards,

Simon

• 2.  Re: CABI Install to Different Directory

Posted Feb 20, 2015 10:40 AM

Hi All,

So it turns out (in this instance) that there was a permissions issue on the machine which was preventing me from installing into that directory and so the CABI installer was falling back on the default directory structure.

Stand down everyone! :-)