Gen EDGE

• 1.  Client Server : Push button, with bitmap, in disabled condition

Posted Feb 23, 2015 09:22 AM

Dear Friends,

I'm facing an issue with Push button in client sever mode. This push button is having a bitmap. This bitmap is a figure containing a white text 'Finish' in a blue background. The button is disabled till an entry field is having data ( using disabled by condition).

The problem is that in normal cases when it is disabled, I'm not able to view the bitmap text clearly. It looks like something blurred and the text "Finish"  is not visible. The idea is that in disabled condition, the push button should be disabled but the text associated with bitmap, "Finish",  should be visible. 

Any suggestion on how to fix this issue? When the button gets enabled, there is no issue, the bitmap associated with the push button is coming perfectly and white text in blue background is visible.

Thanks

Anoop

• 2.  Re: Client Server : Push button, with bitmap, in disabled condition

Posted Feb 24, 2015 03:47 AM

Is this a single state or multi-state bitmap? If it is a single state bitmap, then it will be getting the default disabling of the bitmap which may not be to your liking, so if you design a multi-state bitmap, you can specify your own bitmap for the disabled state instead.

• 3.  Re: Client Server : Push button, with bitmap, in disabled condition

Posted Feb 24, 2015 11:02 AM

Hi Darius,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have implemented single state bitmap, perhaps that could be the issue. I will try with multi-state bitmap. For multi-state bitmap, how the design has to be done? Do I need to create two bitmaps?

Do I need to write separate code for enabling and disabling of a multi-state push button? Currently if an entry field 'Password' is filled then only this push button gets enabled. Disabled by condition is used for disabling the button when the entry field is not having data.

In the push button properties, I selected the number of pictures as 2 , but the original bitmap got reduced to half. Can you guide me with the steps please ?

Thanks

Anoop

• 4.  Re: Client Server : Push button, with bitmap, in disabled condition

Posted Feb 24, 2015 01:45 PM

For Windows you have a single bitmap with multiple pictures. i.e 2 pictures would require a bitmap that is twice as high with each picture occupying half of the height and for web you have separate files. Probably best that you consult the CA Gen documentation for detailed steps.