Release Automation

• 1.  CA Release Automation doesn't working on VM single install

Posted Feb 25, 2015 02:28 AM

CA release Automation doesnt working on VM. Nolio-app is working correctly, database schema created correctly, all nolio processes is running, jms.properties files seems to be ok, but I can't login  Automation Studio because of "Failed to contact Nolio Server" and Operations Center is showing 404 error.

What I can try to fix this?

• 2.  Re: CA Release Automation doesn't working on VM single install

Posted Feb 25, 2015 09:09 AM

Hello

Might be useful if you can attach nolio_dm_all.log after restarting RA service

• 3.  Re: CA Release Automation doesn't working on VM single install

Posted Feb 25, 2015 09:43 AM
      |   view attached

Here is complete nolio_dm_all.log

Attachment(s)

zip
    nolio_dm_all.log.zip   56 KB 1 version

• 4.  Re: CA Release Automation doesn't working on VM single install

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2015 09:16 AM

Hi,

Can you check the nolio_dm_all.log and confirm that the Data Manager has started fully by searching for the string $$$$  . After installing the NAC the Data manager can take a bit longer to start you will not be able to login until the DM has fully started. As Jacky said if you still have a problem please share your nolio_dm_all.log

Regards

Keith

• 5.  Re: CA Release Automation doesn't working on VM single install

Posted Feb 25, 2015 09:44 AM

Attached complete nolio log as answer to Jacky's reply. Also can't find string $$$$ there.

• 6.  Re: CA Release Automation doesn't working on VM single install

Posted Feb 25, 2015 12:15 PM

Hi

The problem is that the NAC can't create jdbc connection to the DB  instance, make sure the DB that running on the localhost allow connection on the relevant port (1434) and that tcp/ip is enabled on the interface and browser service is enabled  (VIA MSSQL manager)

Thanks

Jacky

• 7.  Re: CA Release Automation doesn't working on VM single install

Posted Feb 26, 2015 03:30 AM

Hi,

Remote connections are allowed, firewall is off, tcp\ip enabled. standart port is 1433, tried ro change to 1434 - still nothing. Also RA succeed to create database while installing, how it can failed to connect to DB while running web-apps or Automation Studio?

• 8.  Re: CA Release Automation doesn't working on VM single install
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 26, 2015 08:32 AM

OK, I added in datamanagement\WEB-INF\database.properties local variables for host, name and credentials. After that Automation Studio and ROC started successfully.

• 9.  Re: CA Release Automation doesn't working on VM single install

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2015 06:11 PM

Great news!  As a general rule of thumb, if all services are started and ports are open yet you still cannot bring up the ROC page, it often means there's a database connection issue, in which case database.properties is exactly the next place to look. I've broken that on accident myself on many lab environments.