Plex 2E

• 1.  Running out of time -- 7.0 DTE field

Posted Feb 25, 2015 02:25 PM

The 7.0 DTE field in 2E has been a timebomb for a long time. We start defining new date fields as DT8 many years ago but we haven't really bite the bullet to convert the existing DTE fields to the 8 digits format. It turns out the effort will be monumental that we won't be able to move forward without having a major impact to our software release schedule. Does anyone know if 2E has any feature to allow the screens to handle DTE dates beyond 12/31/2039?

• 2.  Re: Running out of time -- 7.0 DTE field

Posted Feb 25, 2015 02:43 PM

We understand that changing YCUTOFF model value can buy us some time but eventually I think we will need an enhancement from 2E to allow user to specify the century (at least to 21nn) on the user interfaces. Will that be doable?

• 3.  Re: Running out of time -- 7.0 DTE field

Posted Feb 26, 2015 04:48 AM

Even for a DTE field, you can specify edit codes (/ or -) that will allow entry and display of dates using 4 digit year.

This will result in 25-02-2085 being stored as 1850225 and 25-02-2101 being stored as 2010225.

You will need to change any screens that have dates of course, but the underlying database does not have to be changed.

Please note I haven't tested all the date functions with future dates, and some confirmation or advice from CA would be welcome.

• 4.  Re: Running out of time -- 7.0 DTE field

Posted Feb 26, 2015 10:56 AM

Thanks Rob for your feedback!

Yes, the two edit codes are good and will address our imminent need without a database change. It seems the input edit code doesn't allow anything beyond 2199, which may be the only concern from our business unit.

• 5.  Re: Running out of time -- 7.0 DTE field

Posted Feb 26, 2015 11:51 AM

Looking at the generated RPG code, the date validation seems to include an arbitrary limit of year 2200. In theory the DTE date format could take us all the way to 2899. Some systems might need those dates - for example, one that works out when my credit cards are likely to get paid off :-)

• 6.  Re: Running out of time -- 7.0 DTE field

Posted Feb 26, 2015 02:37 PM

LOL....

We are in Pharmacy Benefit Management. I think we should be ok with the cap of year 2199. Unless ObamaCare will further extend the health insurance coverage, our business users should be ok.

Thanks again Rob!