Clarity

• 1.  How To Shut Off Automated Risk, Issue and Change Notifications?

Posted Feb 25, 2015 04:21 PM

Hi all.

We have workflows on our Issues, Risks and Changes that provide notifications as appropriate. We 'Start' when the PM set the Issue to 'Work in Progress' because, at Create - they might not yet know who should be the Assigned To resource should be or they may have other work they need to do before they 'launch it' to be worked.

Because of this, we'd like to shut off the OOTB notification that goes out on Create.

This isn't available as a process. Is this a stored procedure or something? How do we shut this off? Oh - I don't want to chase this as a 'uncheck resources who are set to receive said notification' - I want to kill the create event notification outright.

• 2.  Re: How To Shut Off Automated Risk, Issue and Change Notifications?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 25, 2015 06:31 PM

I'm fairly certain it is implemented within the source code, not through anything 'editable' like the database code.

I could imagine an option like putting a magic 'keyword' into the notification templates (in the administration tool) that is caught and rejected by your content filters at the email server (or spam gateway) level being possible, but not another way to shut a notification type off globally/centrally for those actions.

• 3.  Re: How To Shut Off Automated Risk, Issue and Change Notifications?

Posted Feb 25, 2015 07:42 PM

Thanks Nick. Not looking to go this extreme. I'll create an Idea.

• 4.  Re: How To Shut Off Automated Risk, Issue and Change Notifications?

Posted Feb 26, 2015 02:34 AM

I guess that this should be covered by the below idea -

System Level Setting for Notification Section

https://communities.ca.com/ideas/103050931

NJ

• 5.  Re: How To Shut Off Automated Risk, Issue and Change Notifications?

Posted Mar 02, 2015 01:38 PM

Thanks NJ. Although the System Level Settings for Notifications idea is a true need - I'm going to go a little different direction here.

The business problem to solve here is that 'On Create' is not what we need. This is a workflow problem and I cannot modify the OOTB workflow. Thus...

Migrate OOTB Issue, Risk and Change Request 'On Create' Workflows to the Process Engine Framework

• 6.  Re: How To Shut Off Automated Risk, Issue and Change Notifications?

Posted Mar 03, 2015 01:44 AM

Voted UP

NJ