Service Operations Insight

• 1.  Exporting Services loose Policy

Posted Feb 26, 2015 12:25 PM

Exporting Services with the  WSSamServiceCmd.bat command is supposed to export escalation policies, actions as well as propagation policies along with the service

However I found that the propagation policy is lost:

I modelled a service containing a group and an element in it, with a custom relationship and a custom propagation policy

When I export this service with the above command and import again (changed names of Service and Group), the policy and relations are replaced by default 'Aggragtion' settings

Does anyone know how to work around this?

• 2.  Re: Exporting Services loose Policy

Posted Feb 27, 2015 05:47 AM

Hi Jan,

can you please explain wich steps you performed.

WSSamServiceCmd.bat is intended to export and then re-import a Service (as part of DR, or to transfer definitions to a new/empty system).

It is not designed to export, modify, and then import a Service with a different name.

You possibly have to update many more fields to make definitions unique to create a new service.

I tested to export and reimport a service, and the policy is kept as defined.

Michael

CA, SOI SWAT

• 3.  Re: Exporting Services loose Policy

Posted Feb 27, 2015 06:31 AM

I also tested to create a new Service with a new group by modifying all required fields in the export file.

Everything works as expected - the Relationships and Policy stay intact.

Please attach the export file and the one with your modifications to the Support issue.

• 4.  Re: Exporting Services loose Policy

Posted Apr 13, 2015 10:36 AM

This problem has been resolved in 3.3