Plex 2E

• 1.  Change user screen header (footer)

Posted Feb 27, 2015 06:41 AM

Hello,

please I am creating user screen in SYNON and I am trying to change header of screen (red marked area on attached screenshot header.png).

But if I press SHIFT+F5, I can choose which display screen format I want to work with and subfile control and subfile record are OK, I can do changes here.

But for header and footer, I can see only list of objects here, but without any option to edit (attached screenshot edit.png).

Please is there any way how to edit header and footer of screen?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Change user screen header (footer)
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 27, 2015 06:55 AM

Aye  (A northumbrian way of saying 'yes')

While the screen is showing the display you captured - that is, you are editing the positions of fields etc,  Press F3

you get to this screen(view with a fixed font)

The screen title in the centre is the name which appears on the screen. - alter it, press enter, and go back to the screen.

If need to do clever stuff like dynamically altering the title, or moving the date around and so on, you need to look into the Headers and footers on the *Standard header/footer  file.  That's always interesting and fun.

Op: WxxxOR     ITDW727B1   27/02/15 11:49:17

EDIT FUNCTION DEVICES                xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlications              

Function name. . : 013 MNT Introduct Letr2   Type : Prompt & validate record 

Received by file : Appln Intro Letter Dtl    Acpth: Retrieval index          

? Title                                                    

Screen title.....   Maintain Introductory Letter                             

SEL: Z-Scr/rpt design, N-Narrative, A-Animate                                

F3=Exit  F5=Action diagram  F11=File DUS  F15=Open functions  F17=HTML editor

• 3.  Re: Change user screen header (footer)

Posted Feb 27, 2015 07:11 AM

aha, so easy to change screen title:-)

thanks