Plex 2E

• 1.  [PLEX0012] Failed to read information from communications stream

Posted Mar 02, 2015 11:00 AM

Hello,

When using Plex r6.0 Build 47.030 generated java Web services which access data on iSeries I often see the following error message "[PLEX0012] Failed to read information from communications stream". I've searched on the internet but I did not succeed to find a solution. Thank you in advance for your help.

• 2.  Re: [PLEX0012] Failed to read information from communications stream

Posted Mar 02, 2015 02:27 PM

https://communities.ca.com/message/2261864#2261864  [PLEX0011] Failed to read information from communications stream.'

https://communities.ca.com/search.jspa?q=PLEX0013*&facet=content   [PLEX0013] Failed to make connection between client and server.

The 'PLEX00XX' is a internal runtime messageid and we need Kiyoshi replacement  to have a look into the runtime, but you could even decompile the java yourself

BUT first place I would look are the listner jobs on the iseries and I like Jill's response https://communities.ca.com/message/99271025#99271025

Where do you see '"[PLEX0012] Failed to read information from communications stream". on iseries job log or web service's log?

• 3.  Re: [PLEX0012] Failed to read information from communications stream

Posted Mar 02, 2015 02:46 PM

Exactly   Runtime Messages

We can't all be lucky as Lee to work with Rob, and you never know he might be busy or gone...so best we have runtime messages produced by CA Plex be documented at the new wiki.

• 4.  Re: [PLEX0012] Failed to read information from communications stream

Posted Mar 03, 2015 05:35 AM

I got this message from Apache-Tomcat server log i.e. catalina.out. It is often displayed in the log file and I would like to know why it is generated? If I have a means to avoid it? For the latter, you suggested me to add a try and catch block. But to do so, I've to find which class or process generates the error.

You said that I could decompile the java program, but which one?

Thank you so much for your responses and suggestions.

• 5.  Re: [PLEX0012] Failed to read information from communications stream

Posted Mar 02, 2015 03:06 PM

Where do you see '"[PLEX0012] Failed to read information from communications stream". on iseries job log or web service's log?

And is there an actual problem just the annoyance of the message?

It logically would follow the java runtime is built much the same as the .Net and therefore K fix for the .Net runtime should be fitted to the java runtime...just guessing.....

"I just review the code the line you get the Exception is not critical to establish the communication but used to get CLient name to show log file or other area for audit reason.So the simple solution will be to add try catch block and if any reason, the client name cannot read via API, just set Client name like "Unknown Host Name"."

• 6.  Re: [PLEX0012] Failed to read information from communications stream

Posted Mar 03, 2015 06:15 AM

Ok this is where we are at.

My theory is this is the same as the .net issue but in the java variant. https://communities.ca.com/message/2261864#2261864  [PLEX0011] Failed to read information from communications stream.'

But you can not fix it but help CA see the issue. They must give you a runtime fix as Kiyoshi did.

CA need to confirm when 'PLEX0012' message is used by the java runtime, you could do this yourself to some level of certainly by decompiling CA supplied runtime, again to speed up CA support.

You need to submit a ticket to CA or hope CA are watching the forum as @Kiyoshi used to do when he worked for CA...

• 7.  Re: [PLEX0012] Failed to read information from communications stream

Posted Mar 03, 2015 11:06 AM

I am going to submit the issue to CA and post the solution, if any, as soon as I receive it.

Thank you again.