Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Configuring Policy Manager to Accept Multipart Data

Posted Mar 02, 2015 11:21 AM

I am trying to configure my policy to accept SWA (Soap with Attachments). I am currently seeing "Service does not accept multipart data" in the logs. When I add the Assertion  "Validate SOAP Attachments" I get this Warning: "This service does not declare any MIME input parameters ("multipart/related") This assertion only works with soap services with attachments." So maybe a pointer on an assertion to get this service to declare MIME input parameters?

Any pointers on what assertion or service configuration I need to include to accept multipart data would be greatly appreciated.

Also let me know where in any documentation this is noted.

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Configuring Policy Manager to Accept Multipart Data

Posted Mar 02, 2015 09:01 PM

Hi James,

You have to publish an endpoint on the Gateway using a WSDL that declares attachments.  To access the Publish SOAP Web Service Wizard, do any of the following:

• Click Publish SOAP Web Service on the Home Page
    • Select [Tasks] > Publish SOAP Web Service from the Main Menu
    • Right-click a folder within the Services and Policies list and then select Publish SOAP Web Service.

The Validate SOAP Attachments assertion will fail under any of the following conditions:

• the request message does not contain an attachment
    • the request message contains an attachment that was not declared in the WSDL
    • the attachment is too large
    • the attachment is declared an MIME Content-Type different from the expected type
    • a signature is required but not present for the attachment.