Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Support multiple api portal from a single management console?

Posted Mar 04, 2015 05:29 PM

In our company we have multiple instances of Secure Span Gateway but only have one instance of API portal. There are talks to bring in additional API portals for the standalone gateways. One question I have is:

- is there any tooling available to help keep multiple instances of API portal in sync?

I am thinking about tooling to keep documentation in sync. Perhaps even capability to move proxies from one Gateway to another (promoting proxies through environments).

Appreciate any insight you can shed in this topic.

Thanks,

Ash

• 2.  Re: Support multiple api portal from a single management console?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 05, 2015 04:01 PM

Hi AshAlam,

I believe you are wanting to keep two API Portals in sync without user intervention, is that correct? If so, then unfortunately there is no current automated way of keeping multiple API Portals in sync with each other.

What I can suggest though is the use of API Portal Patches. A Patch can be used to migrate / copy data from one API Portal to another. In the latest version of the CA API Developer Portal v3.0 User Guide (which can be accessed in the Downloads section of the Support Portal while logged in), there is a section called "Chapter Eleven: Migrating API Portal Content" and it introduces the concept and provides instructions around migrating / copying content. You can use this method for copying changes for Documentation, for example, to the other API Portals in your environment. Please review that section in the API Developer Portal v3.0 User guide and let me know if you have any follow-up questions around the use of patching to keep documents synced (manually) around the API Portal environments.

To clarify though, if you meant the questions as in having multiple API Portal instances in the same environment (for high availability) as opposed to different environments with API Portal (staging, testing, production, etc.), then this is possible as the files are all set in one database. More details on replication can be found in the CA API Developer Portal v3.0 Setup and Integration Guide.

I hope the above helps. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions to this topic.

Sincerely,

Dustin Dauncey

Support Engineer, CA Technologies

Email: API-Support@ca.com

Phone: +1 800 225 5224

Outside of North America - http://www.ca.com/us/worldwide.aspx

• 3.  Re: Support multiple api portal from a single management console?

Posted Mar 05, 2015 05:47 PM

Hi Dustin, Your response helps a lot. I was specifically looking for a way to be able to sync API documentation from one portal instance to a different (not clustered).

I will look at Chapter eleven of the Portal User Guide and get back to the community if I have questions.

Thanks much,

Ash