CA Service Management

• 1.  i need info about "Self-service support" in SDM 12.7

Posted Mar 05, 2015 01:11 AM

Dear Community members,

i got below from SDM 12.7 data sheet kindly help to understand below specially "password reset" functionality in SDM 12.7

Self-service support: provides users a personalized self-service portal with information on

outages and their existing requests, as well as intelligent solution search and notification,

integrated password reset, chat, and automated repair options along with analyst-driven

remote repair.

Thanks a lot in advance...

• 2.  Re: i need info about "Self-service support" in SDM 12.7

Posted Apr 16, 2015 02:44 PM

Does anyone have any information for Amanullah?

Thanks

i need info about "Self-service support" in SDM 12.7

Dear Community members,

i got below from SDM 12.7 data sheet kindly help to understand below specially "password reset" functionality in SDM 12.7

Self-service support: provides users a personalized self-service portal with information on

outages and their existing requests, as well as intelligent solution search and notification,

integrated password reset, chat, and automated repair options along with analyst-driven

remote repair.

Thanks a lot in advance...

• 3.  Re: i need info about "Self-service support" in SDM 12.7

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 16, 2015 02:57 PM

Amanullah -

There is an option in Options Manager in SDM where you can configure the employee self-service screen to have a URL to a password reset solution. The option is: url_etrust_password_reset.

In 12.9 or 14.1 (and with the addition of CA Service Catalog), we have a different approach for password reset. See the following link for more information:  CA Service Catalog -- Reset Password - YouTube.

Regards,

Carol