CA Client Automation

• 1.  Internet Facing Patch Manager Server

Posted Mar 05, 2015 10:03 AM

Hi

We are still using Client Automation 12.5 SP1 and UPM 12.5 SP1 on a Standalone network with no Internet connectivity.

I have looked at the upgrade to 12.8 but felt that it would be best to wait the couple of months for 12.9 release, as this has now been released to GA I would like some clarification on how to set up a Internet Facing Patch Manager Server.

I believe that I just need a Server (Windows 2008 R2 x64 OS) with connectivity to the internet (does have McAfee AV installed), I then install from the ITCM 12.9 DVD the CIC Manager application in Online Export Mode. But once installed I try to open CIC Manager and this shows a Tomcat error?  If poss. could someone advise the correct step by step instructions on how to install an Internet Server with CIC Manager for Online Patch Exports.

Regards

Colin Wink

• 2.  Re: Internet Facing Patch Manager Server

Posted Mar 05, 2015 11:00 AM

Did you look at TEC501722 ? It describes - step by step - an offline/online scenario with CIC and a Domain Manager. I used it to setup signature replication on 12.8.

What error do you get from Tomcat ?

• 3.  Re: Internet Facing Patch Manager Server

Posted Mar 05, 2015 11:16 AM

Cristi

Thanks for you reply, I will have a look at the Tec Doc and let you know how I get on...  also if I still get an error will upload the Log Error for Tomcat.

Regards

Colin