DX NetOps

• 1.  Create an HSRP watch in Spectrum.

Posted Mar 05, 2015 10:42 AM

How do you create an HSRP watch in Spectrum and then have Spectrum alert you whenever that watch is triggered?  I don't want to have to configure a TRAP on 100 + routers

• 2.  Re: Create an HSRP watch in Spectrum.

Posted Mar 06, 2015 04:26 AM

Hello David,

Do we have an attribute referring to HSRP state changes ? You have it then you are good to go with watches. What actually are you trying to monitor?

• 3.  Re: Create an HSRP watch in Spectrum.

Posted Mar 06, 2015 07:36 AM

Whenever the hrsp state changes on the routers send me an alert

• 4.  Re: Create an HSRP watch in Spectrum.

Posted Mar 06, 2015 10:02 AM

opnet,

What is the purpose of this alert?

• 5.  Re: Create an HSRP watch in Spectrum.

Posted Mar 06, 2015 10:12 AM

simply if primary cisco router is down and hsrp fails over to backup alert me and alert me when the primary is back up

• 6.  Re: Create an HSRP watch in Spectrum.

Posted Mar 07, 2015 03:49 AM

Opnet,

But, If i'm not wrong when it comes for HSRP states there are 4-5 states to be referred to , right?

Regards,

Shriram.

• 7.  Re: Create an HSRP watch in Spectrum.

Posted Mar 06, 2015 10:31 AM

what is work of the  hsrp?

• 8.  Re: Create an HSRP watch in Spectrum.
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 09, 2015 02:34 AM

David,

Best approach here is to enable ONLY the HSRP state change traps on the router. We do have the events and alarms mapped for HSRP state change traps.

Other way is to have an attribute on the router model in Oneclick which will report various states of HSRP like BGPPeerstate attribute and then configure a watch in Oneclick on this HSRP state change attribute .

We might also need to compile the MIb which has this state change attribute value incase you don't have it out of the box.