DX NetOps

• 1.  Filter interfaces by IP Address using RESTFul

Posted Mar 05, 2015 11:18 AM

Has anyone been able to filter specific interfaces by network addresses using RESTFul?

I've tried the 'has-pcre' to filter based on IP's starting with e.g. 192.168.* but this doesn't seem to work.

<has-pcre>

<attribute id="0x12dbb">

<value>^192.168\..*$</value>

</attribute>

</has-pcre>

Has anyone been able to filter interface models by using attribute "0x12dbb" (ip_Address)?

Further investigation indicates that the IP address is stored internally as an integer or something non-string, as you can't use pcre when creating filters in the Locator.

Any ideas on how to achieve this? I can get all of the interfaces for the device, but seems counter-productive to get them all and filter them out using a script afterwards. I'd rather get filter to do the work for me.

Regards,

Frank

• 2.  Re: Filter interfaces by IP Address using RESTFul

Posted Mar 06, 2015 05:05 PM

I would try combining "greater-than" and "less-than", or save the default By IP Address Range OneClick search into a new search, then reference that search in your API call.

• 3.  Re: Filter interfaces by IP Address using RESTFul

Posted Mar 11, 2015 07:31 AM

I've tried but I think it stores the ip-address value as a non-string. I think the search you refer to uses custom code. I had a look at it and it references java functions.

I think I'll have to just harvest attribute 0x5b60004 (USMOtherIPAddresses) for all devices and extract the info I need using scripts.

Thanks again,

Frank