Clarity

• 1.  Clarity: LDAP Job issue

Posted Mar 10, 2015 11:27 AM
      |   view attached

Hello, I contact with you because I have some problems when I execute the job "LDAP - Synchronize Obsolete Users" because this job put on inactive status all users that have the checkbox "External Authentication", and this is incorrect. Someone used this Job sometime and could you help me to resolve this issue?, because I i would like to schedule this job to finish the manual administration of the users.

Regars.

Patricio.LDAP Configuration.png

Attachment(s)

zip
    LDAP Sync Process.7z.zip   778 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Clarity: LDAP Job issue

Posted Apr 16, 2015 01:19 PM

Can anyone help Patricio?

Thanks

Clarity: LDAP Job issue

Hello, I contact with you because I have some problems when I execute the job "LDAP - Synchronize Obsolete Users" because this job put on inactive status all users that have the checkbox "External Authentication", and this is incorrect. Someone used this Job sometime and could you help me to resolve this issue?, because I i would like to schedule this job to finish the manual administration of the users.

Regars.

Patricio.LDAP Configuration.png

• 3.  Re: Clarity: LDAP Job issue
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 16, 2015 03:45 PM

Hi,

two things

1. "Buscar usuario" is wrong.. you need the enter the DN (ie: CN=app-clarity,CN=Users,DC=osdebinario,DC=grupoosde)

2. From your "Asignación de atributo LDAP".. it looks like you are connecting to a Windows LDAP... are you sure that "Identificador de grupo" is "uniqueMember"? Usually Windows LDAP has "member".

Change those 2 parameters. Restart Clarity services and review if problem still there. If so, log a case with CA Support.

• 4.  Re: Clarity: LDAP Job issue

Posted Apr 16, 2015 10:17 PM

If 'Buscar usuário' is wrong, then not even the ldap authentication would be working, right?

Patricio, could you provide more information, please?

- LDAP System your organization use,

- if ldap authentication is working (you don't need to run any job to test ldap authentication: just create a user on Clarity that has the same user name of a user in the LDAP, and try to login with it).

Regards,

Roberto Barra

• 5.  Re: Clarity: LDAP Job issue

Posted Apr 17, 2015 03:09 AM

if 'Buscar usuário' is wrong causes several issues, and the one mentioned is caused by it.

authentication may work due to group definition, 'Buscar usuário' is for the job sync

• 6.  Re: Clarity: LDAP Job issue

Posted Apr 17, 2015 11:27 AM

Ok, you're right! 'Contexto principal' is the field that I was thinking!