CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Auto close is not occuring

• 1.  Auto close is not occuring

Posted Mar 11, 2015 04:13 AM

Hi

I saw few tickets are not getting closed, even after their configured hours to close(after resolved).

It shows in activity log as auto close is triggered giving the auto closure time,but ticket is not closed.

I want to know what are the cases, where auto close will not occur even when status is resolved.

Thanks,

kiran

• 2.  Re: Auto close is not occuring

Posted Mar 11, 2015 07:38 AM

Hi Kiran,

I had this problem. This error can be caused by two for reaseons:

1) The user AHD_SYSTEM_GENERATED is with UUID different expected by SDM (Find this UUID in the file logs. If this is the error, its showed at time closing ticket).

2) Your ticket have some process tied, In the category by Process Automation Management (ITPAM). If your process not been closed, The ticket not is closed.

I hope to have helped.

Jorge Mario

• 3.  Re: Auto close is not occuring

Posted Mar 11, 2015 08:25 AM

Thanks Jorge Mario,

When i checked ticket activity,there is no Close which should be triggered by AHD_SYSTEM_GENERATED.(I want to know why this is not triggered?)

But auto close is triggered by Affected End user.

• 4.  Re: Auto close is not occuring

Posted Mar 11, 2015 10:25 AM

Do you see some error in the log files at the moment programmed for to close? Do you post here?

• 5.  Re: Auto close is not occuring

Posted Mar 12, 2015 02:34 AM

This is not the present issue and i am not sure this is happening now/not.

Recently we created one report which shows tickets not closed even after resolved.

Latest ticket resolved and not closed is of date 28th Jan.So i am not sure that i can get log for that.

• 6.  Re: Auto close is not occuring

Posted Mar 12, 2015 11:10 PM

Hi Kiran,

Autoclose considers the workshift of the affected end user. Did you already verified it? Anything changed after resolved status in the activities tab? Ticket was manual or automatic by any other integrated product?

Thanks,

Naveen

• 7.  Re: Auto close is not occuring

Posted Mar 13, 2015 03:27 AM

Hi Naveen,

I verified work shift for affected end user,it's left blank.Hope this is not the case, because it's working for other users who also are not having work shift.

After resolved i didn't find any activity after resolve.

There are few tickets with some log comments after resolved

Few tickets are having children(but here children are closed--which supposed to be in reverse.What i mean is if leave_children_open option is not installed then children will be active even parent is closed)

Is there any way to find,if there is any activity log modification after resolved(like time change of activity)?

Thanks,

Kiran

• 8.  Re: Auto close is not occuring

Posted Mar 13, 2015 05:39 AM

Kiran,

Did you see this behavior only when there is a parent child ticket scenario? The option leave_children_open is installed, then it keeps child tickets open when the parent is closed. 

Thanks,

Naveen

• 9.  Re: Auto close is not occuring

Posted Mar 13, 2015 06:41 AM

1.leave_children_open Option is not installed.

2.I mentioned ,children are closed,parent not closed.

3.It's not the only one scenario where ticket is not closed.

• 10.  Re: Auto close is not occuring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2015 01:52 PM

Kiran, you mentioned you saw the auto close was triggered in the log

so maybe there is something in the stdlog that could give some clue?

Act log gives the time stamp so it should be easy  to take a look at the

stdlog. Other than that, I think you may need to open a Support case

so CA Support can be engaged. Thanks _Chi

• 11.  Re: Auto close is not occuring

Posted May 10, 2016 10:22 PM

This is an old thread, but just correcting one piece of information because there are very few threads on Auto-close and many people look at this one.

This statement can be expanded on:

>> Autoclose considers the Wworkshift of the affected end user.

Which Workshift does Auto-close use?

Most often, the Requester and Affected End User are exactly the same, or there is no Requester at all, so this statement is true "most of the time."

However, Auto-close actually looks at the Workshifts like this:

• If Requester is blank, then the Workshift of the Affected End User is used.
    • If Requester is populated, then Workshift of the Requester is used.

After the correct Contact is located:

• If there is a Workshift assigned to that user, the Auto-close delays will be offset against that Workshift.
    • If there is NO Workshift assigned to that user, then it will go straight to the Auto-close delay settings. It would be "as if" it was using a 24 x 7 Workshift (even though, to be clear, it is not using that specific Workshift).

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 12.  Re: Auto close is not occuring

Posted Mar 16, 2015 09:23 AM

i found some thing interesting in one article about auto close,But i am not sure what could be the case out of them/no clue to find the reason.

https://communities.ca.com/message/99749273#99749273

I suspect work shift /ticket might be in edit mode while closed.

• 13.  Re: Auto close is not occuring

Posted Oct 13, 2015 06:16 AM

Hi Kiran

Did you manage to resolve this particular ticket? I will search for the ticket in the interim but if you can give me a ticket number so I can read through the details it would be appreciated.

I have what I believe is identical to your scenario and need some guidance / assistance please.

Regards,

Kaveek

• 14.  Re: Auto close is not occuring

Posted Oct 13, 2015 06:45 AM

Hi Kaveek,

I have no clue on why it was happened, but when I check logs it shows me that error on spelsrvr --

looks like --

spelsrvr 1616 ERROR cr.spl 5827 Try to close Request descendents with incomplete workflow tasks

spelsrvr 1616 ERROR cr.spl 7227 Unable to automatically close ticket:

At that time CA support asked me to run few commands to enable log tracing, but as it is production  I didn't run those commands. So no output for that ticket.

you can check ticket number :49657

- Kiran

• 15.  Re: Auto close is not occuring

Posted Oct 13, 2015 07:23 AM

Thanks Kiran ..

Will check it out. Appreciate the quick response.

Regards,
    Kaveek