CA Service Management

• 1.  Tomorrow! Office Hours for CA Service Management, March 12 @ 10 AM ET

Posted Mar 11, 2015 12:53 PM

Dear Community Member,

Have a question about CA Service Desk, ITAM and/or CA Service Catalog? Connect with CA Technologies technical experts to get answers via Office Hours for CA Service Management. Our team is here to help you get more out of your technology. Join us for one hour Thursday, March 12th @ 10 AM ET. NOTE - No audio is provided and all Q&A happens via online chat, making it a truly ‘fun’ event.

What type of questions should you ask?

• General Product Questions
    • Best practices
    • Commonly seen issues
    • Technical content and/or scenarios you want our technical information team to focus on.
    • Technical content and/or scenarios you would like our technical information team to NOT focus on.

What type of questions should you not ask?

• Please DO NOT discuss support cases – You will need to open a ticket instead
    • Please DO NOT discuss support of customizations

Click here  to register, add to calendar and join the day of.

*Please note that there is no audio. This is for you to submit your questions only and our experts will respond using WebEx.

comm-office-hours.jpeg

• 2.  Re: Tomorrow! Office Hours for CA Service Management, March 12 @ 10 AM ET

Posted Mar 12, 2015 07:28 PM

Did you miss Office Hours for Service Management? Check out the chat below and be sure to join us in April for the next one!

03/12/2015    07:01:47 AM    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:

Hi All - We'll be starting in just a couple minutes.

03/12/2015    07:03:49 AM    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:

OK - We're ready for questions!

03/12/2015    07:05:49 AM    from Tanya Oplanic to Everyone:

Hi Chris. Does USD have a built-in translator for knowledge documents? So that knowledge documents written in English, for example, could be translated automatically into other languages? Thanks.

03/12/2015    07:06:22 AM    from Roger Morse (CA) to Everyone:

@Everyone, please read the CA Service Management End-of-Sprint Announcement on the Community, https://communities.ca.com/thread/241720215.  We hope you will be able to join.

03/12/2015    07:08:18 AM    from Roger Morse (CA) to Everyone:

@Tanya, there is nothing native in Service Desk or in Knowledge Management to support language translation.  We are considering a solution approach to support "multi-lingual", but there is no estimated time-line for this improvement.

03/12/2015    07:09:42 AM    from Tanya Oplanic to Everyone:

@Roger - thanks

03/12/2015    07:10:35 AM    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:

Ready for more questions folks!

03/12/2015    07:10:38 AM    from Roger Morse (CA) to Everyone:

@Tanya, one approach for helping with multiple languages in Knowledge Management is to create the English-language document, and then create translated documents and attach them to the English document.  You can use Google Translate to get "good enough" output, or have a native speaker do the translation.

03/12/2015    07:10:46 AM    from Expeditors to Everyone:

Hi Chris, do you have an ETA on the next cum patch for 14.1?

03/12/2015    07:11:10 AM    from sergio to Everyone:

Does Service Catalog have any limitation about the size of the forms and the number of the queries called?

03/12/2015    07:11:39 AM    from Roger Morse (CA) to Everyone:

@Expeditors, we are working on an update for the First-Half of Calendar-Year 2015 for CA Service Management 14.1.  Thanks for asking!

03/12/2015    07:12:54 AM    from Muhammad Yusuf Khan to Everyone:

What would be required to allow Service Catalog to cater for service offerings for particular Service Desk groups?

03/12/2015    07:13:13 AM    from Rajeev Kumar (CA) to Everyone:

@sergio - could you please specify what you mean by 'size' of forms ?

03/12/2015    07:13:18 AM    from Mohamed AlKenani to Everyone:

Hi, what information updates can be synced between parent & child incidents

03/12/2015    07:13:39 AM    from Tanya Oplanic to Everyone:

I have a question about the Owner and Subject expert attributes in knowledge documents. Out of the box, we can only enter analyst names in this field. Quite a few users have asked us to allow Group names in the Owner and Subject Expert fields. We're considering making this customization. But before we do that, I wanted to check why group names aren't allowed by default. I want to make sure we don't cause a problem that we're not thinking of. Thanks!

03/12/2015    07:14:26 AM    from Rajeev Kumar (CA) to Everyone:

@Yusuf - Do you mean Categories/Request Area when you say 'Service Desk Group' ?

03/12/2015    07:15:26 AM    from Mohamed AlKenani to Everyone:

is possible to configure authentication pass through using eem, for USS, PAM, SDM, SC & BI, can you please point to me to right resources for configuring it...

03/12/2015    07:15:29 AM    from Jason Wolfe (CA) to Everyone:

@Sergio, there is technically no limitation on the size (i.e. number of fields) or the number of data objects leveraged however the more fields/queries could inhibit load/render time of the form based on your system/environment performance.

03/12/2015    07:16:03 AM    from sergio to Everyone:

@Rajeev I mean, I can have a form with unlimited objects. I put this question because I already know that PAM have a limit on the size of each process. Does Service Catalog have some limitations too?

03/12/2015    07:17:10 AM    from Muhammad Yusuf Khan to Everyone:

@Rajeev, what I mean is, currently, when I create service offerings on Service Catalog, I can only set service offerings for certain AD groups, as EEM is set up that way. The requirement set forth to me, requires me to cater for groups located in the ca_contact table

03/12/2015    07:17:48 AM    from sergio to Everyone:

This is the point @Jason, Thank you.

03/12/2015    07:18:15 AM    from Paul (CA) to Everyone:

@Mohamed - OOTB, there is no mechanism to sync ticket fields betwen Parent and Child tickets.  When you close a parent ticket, CA SDM can be configured to propogate the same solution to the child tickets and close them.  Unfortunately, this is pretty much the extent of field synchronization between Parent-Child tickets.

03/12/2015    07:19:32 AM    from Roger Morse (CA) to Everyone:

@Tanya, the reason for using individual Analyst names and not Group names in the KM attributes has to do with workflow management.  If something is assigned to a group, the workflow would not know who to send it to.  This allows ties in to Notifications and Scoreboard Queries.  And maybe some of the KM status reports, not sure.  If you were to enable Groups is such a manner, it would be a bespoke customization and would not be supported by CA Support.

03/12/2015    07:19:32 AM    from Jason Wolfe (CA) to Everyone:

@Muhammad, you can define offering permissions based on EEM application groups in addition to AD groups.

03/12/2015    07:19:36 AM    from Melissa F to Everyone:

Prior to having IE 9 installed (previously IE8), when I moved my mouse over my CA scoredboard items, the status bar in the lower left hand corner of IE would display the scoreboard code.  Now it shows javascript:do_link(xx); where xx is a number.  Is there a configuration item that will allow me to display the code rather than the worthless javascript:do_link(xx)?

I have a co-worker using IE 8 and she still sees the scoreboard code, so I think it is related to IE, because we are using the same version of CA SD.

03/12/2015    07:20:47 AM    from Rajeev Kumar (CA) to Everyone:

@Yusuf - Like Jason said, Offering permissions are tied to AD/EEM Groups. Currently there is no way to leverage SDM Groups.

03/12/2015    07:20:48 AM    from Jacqueline to Everyone:

We have audio in this meetingt?

03/12/2015    07:21:27 AM    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:

@Jacqueline - This is Chat only. No audio.

03/12/2015    07:21:33 AM    from Tanya Oplanic to Everyone:

@Roger, thanks. The argument they have is that analysts move between areas & leave the company, so a group name would be better. We'll have to think about it...

03/12/2015    07:21:49 AM    from Jacqueline to Everyone:

thanks

03/12/2015    07:23:21 AM    from Mohamed AlKenani to Everyone:

@Paul (CA) how we can sync the solution of parent incident to child, is it through an event or activity notification or.... also can we automatically close child incidents once the parent incident status is resolved

03/12/2015    07:23:23 AM    from Paul (CA) to Everyone:

@Melissa - is it possible that you had Java Script Debugging enabled previously in IE8?  To be honest, I have not see the behavior you described with Scoreboard nodes and IE

03/12/2015    07:24:42 AM    from Muhammad Yusuf Khan to Everyone:

@Rajeev @Jason, could it be something to think about in the next version of Service Catalog?

03/12/2015    07:24:48 AM    from Tanya Oplanic to Everyone:

I have a question about the Rate & Comments box in knowledge articles. About 20% of the comments that we receive through the comments box should actually be tickets for technical support - not comments on the article.  We’re considering adding instructions to the Rate & Comment box to deflect some of those comments that really should be tickets. I wanted to know if CA has seen this problem at other clients and what those clients have done about it. Thx!

03/12/2015    07:24:50 AM    from Jacqueline to Everyone:

@Chris, on CA SDM What is the maximum number of Events that you can associate to a Service Type? or What is CA recommendation?

03/12/2015    07:25:50 AM    from Michel Avenel (CA) to Everyone:

Happy to address any questions related to IT Asset Manager including Asset Portfolio Management and Software Asset Manager.

03/12/2015    07:26:11 AM    from Rajeev Kumar (CA) to Everyone:

@Yusuf - That sounds like a good candidate for ideation through Communities.

03/12/2015    07:26:11 AM    from Jacqueline to Everyone:

I want to configure on CA ServiceDesk 12.9. a Load Balancer, acording with Implementation Guide this are the steps to configure: https://support.ca.com/cadocs/0/CA%20Service%20Desk%20Manager%2012%209-ENU/Bookshelf_Files/HTML/CA_SDM_Impl_ENU/index.htm

What technology is supported, for a Load Balancer?

We are working with CA serviceDesk advanced architecture.

03/12/2015    07:27:21 AM    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone:

@Mohamed -  Passthru authentication using EEM will work with SDM, SC, and PAM but not for BI.  For USS, it looks  from the docs that you can use EEM with NTLM as well.  This information is located on the 14.1 Wiki Site which can be found here: https://wiki.ca.com/display/CASM1401/CA%20Service%20Management%20Home

03/12/2015    07:27:58 AM    from Melissa F to Everyone:

Where would the Java Script Debugging be enable at? 

03/12/2015    07:28:08 AM    from Roger Morse (CA) to Everyone:

@Tanya, I do not recall any other customers bringing this to our attention.  The Rating and Comments area is designed to be a feedback mechanism for the document itself.  If the customer needs to open a ticket after reading the document, they should use the button to create a ticket.  Seems like you have more of an education challenge with your customers.

03/12/2015    07:29:13 AM    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone:

@Jacqueline - there does not appear to be a specific limit on that from a technical standpoint, however, if you have a ton of events on a service type, whenever that service type is used, it could cause performance issues within the product.

03/12/2015    07:29:41 AM    from Tanya Oplanic to Everyone:

@Roger, got it. thanks

03/12/2015    07:30:55 AM    from Mohamed AlKenani to Everyone:

can we use the certificate that comes with PAM to configure the HTTPS/SSL on SDM, SC, USS & BI, i searched for information on configuring https on IIS for SDM , is it also possible for Xtraction to configure https

03/12/2015    07:31:53 AM    from Jacqueline to Everyone:

@Jon, Thanks.. This customer need around 45 Event for Service Type, Do you think this is going to affect the SDM performance?

03/12/2015    07:32:17 AM    from Paul (CA) to Everyone:

@Jacqueline - with the number of Load Balancer vendors out there, it would be extremely difficult to keep up technically with all the changes.  We provide general guidelines and recommendations within our documentation.  In discussing load balancing with other CA SDM clients, F5 seems to be a popular choice in the marketplace.

03/12/2015    07:34:22 AM    from Tanya Oplanic to Everyone:

In the knowledge base, over the years, we created a number of approval process templates that are now obsolete. Is there a way to inactivate them so that users can't select them from the Approval Process Template list?

03/12/2015    07:34:51 AM    from Muhammad Yusuf Khan to Everyone:

@Jason @Rajeev, is there any way of having the LDAP Attribute mapping to cater for BOTH, AD and EEM Groups?

03/12/2015    07:34:52 AM    from Paul (CA) to Everyone:

@Melissa - IE script debugging in IE9 - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241741(v=vs.80).aspx

03/12/2015    07:34:52 AM    from Mohamed AlKenani to Everyone:

@Jon Israel (CA) so if i configure the pass thru authentication for all SM and i try to open BI launch pad from SDM it will open or fail...

03/12/2015    07:35:00 AM    from Jacqueline to Everyone:

@Paul, thanks-... I didn't find on  SDM Matrix (https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/0/8165/8165_r129_CertMatrix.pdf)

Is good tho now the support technologie for a Load Balancer.

03/12/2015    07:35:43 AM    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone:

@Mohamed - the p12 cert from PAM cannot be used as an SSL cert for SDM, SC, USS and BI.  You would need to get proper certificates from a certificate vendor for each server that each app is installed on as certs are server specific.  Each appplication will also have its own set of steps to configure SSL, including Xtraction.  The vendor that you get the certs from will need to provide you instructions on how to import their specific certs into a tomcat keystore for those apps that use tomcat (all with the exception of Xtraction).

03/12/2015    07:38:23 AM    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone:

@Mohamed - No, unfortunatley that wont work - the call to BI will use the login that you are currently logged into SM with, and then BI will need to authenticate that user on the BI side, which it wont be able to do through EEM.

03/12/2015    07:39:54 AM    from Paul (CA) to Everyone:

@Jacqueline - 45 events for a single Service Type seems a bit excessive.  If you will be relying that heavily on events and service types, you will need to dedicate a CA SDM server just for event animator events.  A large number of events firing at the same time has the potential to cause performance issue with  CA SDM.  I would suggest reviewing the Service Type process and see if it can be simplified.

03/12/2015    07:40:35 AM    from Jacqueline to Everyone:

Thanks Paul

03/12/2015    07:40:48 AM    from Mohamed AlKenani to Everyone:

Sorry as i might be confused, to enable users to log to SM modules using HTTPS on port 443, this will need a certificate, and such certificate can be generated within the envrionment or must be through a vendor, also i couldn't find how to configure a certificate on IIS for SDM...

03/12/2015    07:42:58 AM    from Jacqueline to Everyone:

@Paul, is possible to create more Priorities on SDM? Because of the interface I don't see the button New as a Regular SDM data.

03/12/2015    07:45:12 AM    from Muhammad Yusuf Khan to Everyone:

@Jason @Rajeev, is there any way of having the LDAP Attribute mapping to cater for BOTH, AD and EEM Groups?

03/12/2015    07:45:14 AM    from Mohamed AlKenani to Everyone:

i tried to link an event to an activity notification on 14.1 but it didn't fire!! is there any other configuration i need to do or i miss something...

03/12/2015    07:46:20 AM    from Jon Israel (CA) to Everyone:

@Mohamed - You can create a self-signed certificate that can be used by both IIS and Tomcat, however, self signed certificates tend to cause certificate errors within the browser as they are not from Trusted Root of Authority resource, and thus are not known to the browser as a trusted certificate.  When you purhcase certs through a vendor, such as godaddy, verisign, or digicert, they will be atuomatically trusted when imported to IIS.   As for setting up IIS for SSL, since CA does not deliver IIS (it is a microsoft product delivered with Windows), we cannot provide instructions to configure IIS for SSL.  You can do a simple google serach to find such instructions.  For tomcat on the other hand, since CA does deliver tomcat with our apps, the admin guide will have instructions for configuring SSL for tomcat.  There are also many tech docs out there on the CA support site with instructions on the same.

03/12/2015    07:46:26 AM    from Paul (CA) to Everyone:

@Jacqueline - Unfortunately, the Priority table does not allow addition or removal of priorities due to the backend MDB table being kept in a consistent state for purposes of built in priority calculation

03/12/2015    07:47:48 AM    from Melissa F to Everyone:

@Paul  I tried the Disable Script Debugging for the IE9 and that did not resolve the issue.  I also had my coworker uncheck these options and the Scoreboard code still displays.

03/12/2015    07:48:29 AM    from Jacqueline to Everyone:

@Paul, so that is the reason that I need to create 45 events... :S, because the customer needs 9 Priority, and SD has only  5... 

03/12/2015    07:48:50 AM    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:

OK Everyone - We're wrapping up the remaining questions. Thank you all for joining and please join us for the next session in April!

03/12/2015    07:48:58 AM    from Richard Ritter to Everyone:

@Tanya, you can delete the obsolete approval process templates

03/12/2015    07:49:46 AM    from Paul (CA) to Everyone:

@Melissa - that is indeed wierd with the IE script code.  Like I said, I have not seen that behavior before.  If you want to explore this behavior further, please contact us and create a CA Support ticket.

03/12/2015    07:50:04 AM    from Muhammad Yusuf Khan to Everyone:

03/12/2015    07:50:13 AM    from Rajeev Kumar (CA) to Everyone:

@Yusuf - Once you map the LDAP (AD) group attribute in EEM, you can leverage it for Offering permissions

03/12/2015    07:50:18 AM    from Jason Wolfe (CA) to Everyone:

@Muhammad, once you add users to the application group(s) in EEM, both AD and EEM groups will reflect within the user's profile in Catalog.

03/12/2015    07:50:19 AM    from Tanya Oplanic to Everyone:

I don't want to delete them as it seems the system still accesses those templates when the knowledge documents are unpublished for updates. I just want to make them unavailable in the selection box.

03/12/2015    07:50:46 AM    from Tanya Oplanic to Everyone:

@Richard - I don't want to delete them as it seems the system still accesses those templates when the knowledge documents are unpublished for updates. I just want to make them unavailable in the selection box.

03/12/2015    07:51:30 AM    from Melissa F to Everyone:

@ Paul thanks... I will consider opening a ticket.

03/12/2015    07:52:28 AM    from Roger Morse (CA) to Everyone:

@Everyone, please read the CA Service Management End-of-Sprint Announcement on the Community, https://communities.ca.com/thread/241720215.  We hope you will be able to join.

03/12/2015    07:52:54 AM    from Muhammad Yusuf Khan to Everyone:

@Rajeev @Jason, thank you, One more question, in the Userstore configuration in EEM, it says

03/12/2015    07:54:05 AM    from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:

Thank you all for attending today and please join us back here in April!

03/12/2015    07:54:13 AM    from Muhammad Yusuf Khan to Everyone:

Thank you

03/12/2015    07:54:24 AM    from Richard Ritter to Everyone:

@Tanya, please open a case for investigation into the approval template question.

03/12/2015    07:54:27 AM    from Tanya Oplanic to Everyone:

Thanks!

03/12/2015    07:55:22 AM    from Roger Morse (CA) to Everyone:

@Everyone, thanks for joining us today!  We hope you find this forum helpful and informative.

03/12/2015    07:55:42 AM    from Roger Morse (CA) to Everyone:

Bye now!