DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Probe to check and store the days until a certificate expires

• 1.  Probe to check and store the days until a certificate expires

Posted Jul 25, 2009 03:29 AM

Attached are two files:
    1- documentation on the pre-requisites, installation, and configuraiton of the probe
    2 - the probe, CertificateExpirationCheck, that will retrieve a certificate, extract expiration date, compare to "now" and store days until expiration in NIS database as QoS
    Also required as pre-requsities are:
    1 - Nimsoft Scripting Agent (NSA) 1.03; probe is in LUA and the nsa runs it. Available in the Downloads Section under the SDP 2.05 Beta
    2 - openssl windows installation; openssl is the utility used to retrieve the certificate and extract the expirations date. Available at;
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/files/openssl/0.9.8h-1/openssl-0.9.8h-1-setup.exe/download

• 2.  Re: Probe to check and store the days until a certificate expires

Posted Feb 02, 2011 05:54 PM

Thanks for the link !

• 3.  Re: Probe to check and store the days until a certificate expires

Posted Aug 15, 2012 09:47 PM
    The zip file has a password on it. Any chance of seeing the Lua source? I'm interested in how you handled dates and times.

• 4.  Re: Probe to check and store the days until a certificate expires

Posted Aug 15, 2012 10:07 PM

Just import the package into your archive, open/edit it, and then save the Lua script out to a separate file on disk.

• 5.  Re: Probe to check and store the days until a certificate expires

Posted Mar 18, 2015 06:03 AM

Hello,

I like your idea and want to implement this in my environment. Does anybody know where to find the lua script or the dev section to get the files form the new portal?

I already tried to search but with no luck... :-/

Thanks for help,

Andreas

• 6.  Re: Probe to check and store the days until a certificate expires

Posted Mar 19, 2015 10:38 AM

These days, I'd recommend going for powershell if you're going to do it from Windows. That's what I've done myself, in addition to other, more robust solutions. Moreover, if you're working with websites, url_response is also capable of monitoring certificate expiration. Probably doesn't store it as QOS, but I find that to be extremely useless information as qos anyway.

• 7.  Re: Probe to check and store the days until a certificate expires

Posted Mar 24, 2015 06:15 AM

Thanks for your answer! So how can I check remotely a pops / imaps / etc... certificate that is not running on a windows machine? with openssl this is possible, but no probe for this is available. for websites url_response is great, but for others there is nothing to handle this...

If you could provide me a short example for powershell this would be helpful! Otherwise it would be nice to have the lua-script mentioned in the beginngen of this thread.

Thanks.

• 8.  Re: Probe to check and store the days until a certificate expires

Posted Mar 24, 2015 02:40 PM

• 9.  Re: Probe to check and store the days until a certificate expires

Posted Apr 14, 2015 07:29 AM

A Linux version of this would be awesome

• 10.  Re: Probe to check and store the days until a certificate expires

Posted Nov 22, 2016 02:02 PM

Hello , can anyone update us on what is the latest status for this probe ? I have been able to found the probe zip file but no documentation.

thank you,

• 11.  Re: Probe to check and store the days until a certificate expires

Posted Apr 05, 2018 08:55 AM

Is this still available? I cant seem to find the probe anywhere...

Thanks

• 12.  Re: Probe to check and store the days until a certificate expires

Posted Dec 07, 2018 05:41 AM

I've uploaded the probe, available for download here:

https://github.com/greenones/CA-UIM---Certificate-Expiration-Check

• 13.  Re: Probe to check and store the days until a certificate expires

Posted Apr 05, 2018 09:21 AM

if you are trying to monitor url SSL certificate you can achevie this using url_response probe.

url_response IM Configuration - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation