1_dbrown

"Remote" system display in dashboards

Discussion created by 1_dbrown on Jun 5, 2009
Latest reply on Jun 9, 2009 by sseeberg
Hello:

I am new to Nimbus, so if there is a way to do this without jumping into the SDK (Perl for me), please let me know.  I will be very happy if you can just help me get pointed in the right direction.

I am using the term "remote" systems to indicate servers where I don't have a robot installed.  So I am monitoring these systems with probes like rsp, interface_traffic, snmpget, etc.

In a dashboard, I want to be able to display individual remote systems, with data similar to what I get from the probe interfaces.   I can get a list of remote systems in the probe interfaces, and I can get alarms for all of those systems, but I can't seem to find how I can display that list of endpoints in a dashboard.

Ultimately, I would like to be able to have a dashboard item (panel?) for each of these systems where I can display CPU, memory, and disk data, interface traffic, etc. for the same system -- so data from multiple probes, tied together by profile name, maybe?

I know the simple answer is to get a robot on these systems, but I am an MSP, so that is the customer's call. 

I have looked at Dynamic Views, but that seems to be robot-focused.  I have also looked through the docs and forums, but I haven't found anything on this yet.

TIA,

Dan

Outcomes