AnsweredAssumed Answered

LUA - Probe restart Script

Question asked by Greenones on Nov 20, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 21, 2014 by Greenones

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure this has been answered many different times and in many different forms.

I'm after a LUA scipt that will automatically restart the E2E_appmon probe on an External Hub of ours.

I have found this script to restart the qos_processor on our Primary Hub, which works fine:

addr = "/MDS/mdsmonl1/mdsmonl1/hub" -- insert the Nimsoft address for the robot where the hub runs
probe = "qos_processor" -- specify the probe to be restarted
local args = pds.create() -- create data structure to pass arguments to probe callbacks
pds.putString(args,"name",probe)
nimbus.request("qos_processor","_restart",args)
pds.delete(args)

I thought I would be able to change the PROBE name and the ADDR, it appears to run if I run this:

addr = "/MDS/stecrmnimp001/stecrmnimp001/hub" -- insert the Nimsoft address for the robot where the hub runs
probe = "e2e_appmon" -- specify the probe to be restarted
local args = pds.create() -- create data structure to pass arguments to probe callbacks
pds.putString(args,"name",probe)
nimbus.request("e2e_appmon","_restart",args)
pds.delete(args)

I am a little confused as to what the second script is doing as my E2E_appmon probe doesn't sit on the stecrmnimp001 Server, it is located on another Server that reports to that Hub..

There are other E2E_appmon probes located under this Hub...could it be restarting them all?

If anyone has any ideas or scripts in your stockpile I'd love to have a copy? :smileyhappy:

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Outcomes