rgivens

UMP with Active Directory

Discussion created by rgivens on Nov 18, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 21, 2012 by 1_ToddAdams

So does anybody use UMP with Active Directory.  I have users that presently log into Nimsoft with there AD accounts.  I have AD groups with the users as members and then I associate an ACL in Nimsoft with the AD group.  I would like them to continue to use there AD accounts with UMP, but it appears to have issues.  I created a lar that I would like users to have by default and added it to the install dir for UMP\probes\service\wasp\webapps\root\web-inf.  Now when a user logs in they get the default that I would like.  But there are users that I would like to have different lars for.  How do I get those Active Directory users logging into UMP to get those different lars.  I attempted to create a user group in UMP and then associate the lars with those groups but that doesn't work.  When the user logs in I have to go in and then associate the user to the group instead of creating a user in UMP and then associating the user to the group and then having the user log in.  It doesn't seem possible to use Active Directory with UMP and be able to customize anything.

Has anybody experienced this configuration / issue?

Outcomes