Joel_YJT

DAP probe won't start during beta testing of NMS Server 5.0 beta 3 and UMP 2.0 beta 3

Discussion created by Joel_YJT on Nov 8, 2010
Latest reply on Nov 9, 2010 by Joel_YJT

I'm trying out the new beta versions of NMS server and UMP 2.0 (both beta 3).  I have three virtual servers set up (SQL, NMS, and UMP servers).  I successfully installed and configured the SQL and NMS server, then installed the UMP probes on the NMS server.  I set up the UMP server as it's own NMS hub using the DMZ wizard, even though all the virtual servers are on the same subnet.

I dragged the dap, dashboard_engine, and wasp probes to the UMP server and configured the dap probe to point to the data_engine on the NMS server.  The dap probe will not start, it gives the following error:

09:15:38:865 FATAL [main, com.nimsoft.nimbus.probe.service.dap.DAP] Exception on top level:
Nov 08 09:15:38:865 FATAL [main, com.nimsoft.nimbus.probe.service.dap.DAP]   (1300) , No data_engine(/TESTNIMBUS/CORE/test02nimcore01/data_engine) found and no stored database configuration found ((6) permission denied, Received status (6) on response (for sendRcv) for cmd = 'get_connection_string')

The error message above contains the correct name and location of the data_engine, so I'm not sure why it can't find it.  I have tested the data_engine connection from the NMS server, it gets a succesful connection.  I also thought it was perhaps a DNS issue, so I added lines to the UMP server's host file to point to both the SQL server and the NMS server.

Any ideas on why dap fails to start?

Thanks,

Joel

Outcomes