I'm having big problems getting E2E Scripts working on Windows XP with IE 8. Usual problem of getting the popup error when trying to start a recording of an IE session - either third party browser extensions not enabled or shdocvw.dll not registered.
I've tried all of the usual checks:
- Ensure third party extensions enabled - this is hardcoded as enabled in the registry by the administrator and is visible as enable in the IE options although I can't modify it (why would I want to in this case?)
- Ensure the add on is enabled - confirmed
- I added the recommended registry setting (it didn't exist)
- I uninstalled NimRecorder and reinstalled and checked that rest of above still OK.
- I've restarted the server at various stages of doing above.
Short of asking them to rebuild the machine does anyone have any other ideas? This is for a currently active POC (i.e. me onsite) so any help appreciated.