simonburt

NMS5.0 on RHEL5 with MySQL

Discussion created by simonburt on Dec 18, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 21, 2010 by geir.haugom

Hi guys,

In preparation for a customer trial next week I am trying to get a test install going with a couple of RHEL5 virtual machines.  On one machine I have installed MySQL and it appears to be working.  From the second machine where I want to install NMS I am testing the database connection and have come up against a problem.

I am able to telnet to the MySQL box ok on port 3306 so I know I am getting through to the service but when I run my NMS install I get the following error:

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access Denied for user 'root'@'support-3c-vm36.nimsoft.no' (Using password = YES)

I have checked the SQL server for permissions by doing a lookup on the USER table and verified the privileges are set to what I expect.  I have also verified the password for the root user and that is correct.

I am by no means an expert on MySQL or even Linux so even though I have exhausted my avenues of solving this, there must be something really simple that I have not stumbled over yet.  Please do feel free to offer any hints or advice, no matter how basic or whacky.

Thanks,

Simon.

Outcomes