AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to update alarm arrival time on recurring alarms?

Question asked by 1_ryan.jussel on Nov 23, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 6, 2010 by keith_k
I'm working with a customer that keeps track of their cleared (green) alarms via the alarm console.  They've recently upgraded from a very old version of the nas (< 3.x), and are now unable to track their recurring alarms as easy.  They arrange their alarms by "arrival time" to find new alarms as they are raised, they acknowledge their clear alarms manually after they are certain that they know why the alarm was raised in the first place.  Unfortunately the new version of the nas does not update arrival time for alarms that are recurring (Alarm -> Clear -> Alarm again).  The second alarm status updates the time received field, but not the time arrival field, and can get pushed down the list of alarms, obscuring their visibility.  
It should be possible to create a lua script to force the update of this field in recuring alarms, but I'm having difficulty getting this to work.

I'm working with a customer that keeps track of their cleared (green) alarms via the alarm console.  They've recently upgraded from a very old version of the nas (< 3.x), and are now unable to track their recurring alarms as easy.  They arrange their alarms by "arrival time" to find new alarms as they are raised, they acknowledge their clear alarms manually after they are certain that they know why the alarm was raised in the first place.  Unfortunately the new version of the nas does not update arrival time for alarms that are recurring (Alarm -> Clear -> Alarm again).  The second alarm status updates the time received field, but not the time arrival field, and can get pushed down the list of alarms, obscuring their visibility.  
It should be possible to create a lua script to force the update of this field in recuring alarms, but I'm having difficulty getting this to work.

al=alarm.get()  if (al.prevlevel == 0 or al.prevlevel == nil) then  al.arrival = os.time() end  alarm.set (al) 

It seems that the arrival field may only be able to change this field via alarm_update messages.  Anyone have any similar experiences, or guidance on how to help the customer?

Cheers,
Ryan

Outcomes