dustin.lawler

Exchange Unified Reports

Discussion created by dustin.lawler on Oct 28, 2010
Latest reply on Jul 7, 2011 by ray.wood

I had someone ask me about Exchange Unified Reports earlier today and sent them a pretty detailed write-up - I copy and pasted it assuming others could benefit from this:

1. The Exchange Monitor Probe must be installed on the Exchange Servers you plan to monitor, it's an agent-based probe
  2. Add the Exchange Monitor Backend (make sure it’s the latest) to the Nimsoft Hub server – this is agentless and can technically go anywhere
  3. Open the Exchange Monitor Backend Probe and right click in the Status window, choose “Look for Probes” and select the applicable probes
  4. Go to the setup tab, select “Fetch Data_Engine setup” and test the connection
  5. Assuming steps three and four worked, you’re finished in the Exchange Monitor Backend Probe and can close and save the settings
  6. Open the Exchange Monitor Probe and go to the Setup tab and select the sub-tab for Report Information
  7. This section is generally fairly ‘hit or miss’ – sometimes the person you’re working with will know exactly what to enter, other times they’ll be lost here. Please recommend they work with their Exchange Admin and maybe even their AD Admin to get the proper account credentials added to each field. You cannot enable the “Gather Report Information” tab unless all fields are entered and tested positively. The documentation for this section is good and you should show your account exactly what they'll need to enter here and there are a number of cases related to this topic if you run into real problems. and need to troubleshoot.
  8. Once step seven is complete, drag and drop the Exhange_UR_Reports to the server hosting the WASP Probe – do not use the Exchange_Monitor_Reports – these were used before Nimsoft offered the Exchange Unified Monitoring Portal and are no longer used.

It may take 15-30 minutes, however, you should see your reports soon.

Dustin

Outcomes