DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Looking for Distribution server configuration for NOD instance for multiple Hubs

• 1.  Looking for Distribution server configuration for NOD instance for multiple Hubs

Posted Feb 23, 2011 05:35 PM

Hi Guys

I am looking for distsrv probe configuration in order to synchronize the archive folder ( probes ) from primary NOD instance to secondary hubs installed on multiple locations. I have configured forwarders at primary NOD instance but the probes are not getting transferred to secondary hubs. Also I am getting warning like " Request  (archive_list) has timed-out (timeout interval;10 sec ) ","Request (license_list) has timed-out(timeout interval;10 sec )"

Any help is highly appreciated. I tried looking for dist probe configuration in multi-hub environment in NOD and didn't get any.

Rgds

Amit

• 2.  Re: Looking for Distribution server configuration for NOD instance for multiple Hubs

Posted Feb 23, 2011 06:14 PM

Amit,

Are you looking for the settings that the relay installer applies automatically? I believe it creates two forwarding rules in the central distsrv:

- One to forward the install_* packages

- One to forward the licenses

Other than that, there should be nothing special about the distsrv in NoD.

I have seen timeout errors like that when trying to talk to the distsrv while it is busy. I usually see them when the distsrv is distributing packages to robots, but they may also occur when it is forwarding packages to another distsrv.

-Keith