DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  iReport on NoD

Posted Sep 01, 2010 12:32 AM

If a customer wants to use the iReport client to create Unified Reports how can this be accomplished?  I don't see it installed by default and we (SE's) can't install it because of lack of permissions on the Primary HUB.  Can iReports be installed on a secondary HUB?  Is there a plan to have this included in the Primary HUB instance?

• 2.  Re: iReport on NoD

Posted Sep 01, 2010 08:24 PM

Hi,

I don't have any influence on whats being installed where. But iReport is a standalone windows application that requires java development kit 1.5 or newer (not java runtime, jre, it requires jdk).

You can then install it and run it against your UR repository, provided you have access to the UR over the network. iReport communicates with UR over web services that is part of the UR webapp.

If you want it included as default app in nod, you need to speak to someone else.

But other than that, it can be installed anywhere and talk to your UR and NIS provided it has network access.

G.

• 3.  Re: iReport on NoD
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 01, 2010 08:40 PM

This is interesting that iReports could be installed elsewhere.  My understanding is that iReports needs direct access to the sqlserver (UR Repository).  We do not expose the sqlserver to the internet, so it's not clear to me how we would get that to happen so that a customer could install iReports in their environment (say, on the NoD Relay) and use it there.

I'd welcome help exploring that further.  It would be very cool.

Regarding iReports on the tial Instance, itself:  

At present, iReports is not installed on the NoD image by default.  If required, it can be added on request.  (Since March, there's been two requests to do so.)  If an SE needs iReports added to a trial instance, please open a (private) case under the prospect's account and contact records stating that you need iReports installed.  The ticket will find it's way to the NoD Operations team who will get it installed and notify you when it is ready.

• 4.  Re: iReport on NoD

Posted Sep 24, 2010 09:22 PM

To actually set iReports up, you need to have a database userid and password. Will that be provided also?

• 5.  Re: iReport on NoD

Posted Sep 24, 2010 09:33 PM

We are working with engineering to find a way to create a global connection definition with proper encryption of the password.  Then we will be able to pre-install the connection definition and aviod having to give out the sqlserver password.  In the meantime, we are working with each requestor.