DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  UIM and UMP 8.1 - USM Not Loading

Posted Jan 30, 2015 01:42 PM

Hi

I updated my version to 8.1, accessing the UMP, I'm with the error below in the UMP

Details: com.firehunter.ump.exceptions.DataFactoryException : null  Stack Trace: java.lang.NullPointerException      at com.firehunter.usm.DataFactory.getRoot(DataFactory.java:3264)

Has anyone managed to solve?

The firewall is not active

• 2.  Re: UIM and UMP 8.1 - USM Not Loading

Posted Jan 31, 2015 07:52 AM

Do you have a local firewall enabled? In 8.1 there's another port that needs to be opened up. Referenced in the install guide  I am told.

-Garin

• 3.  Re: UIM and UMP 8.1 - USM Not Loading

Posted Jan 31, 2015 08:25 AM

I believe that's the same error I got. I'd check whether udm (_manager? can't remember) started up properly and has that port.. whatever it was, if there's no firewall at all between the two.

-jon

• 4.  Re: UIM and UMP 8.1 - USM Not Loading

Posted Feb 04, 2015 10:54 PM

I've been having the same issue and it's definitely firewall related...I had done fresh installs of UMP then of UIM 8.1 entirely and was getting the same errors.  I just turned off all the firewalls on the UMP and UIM servers and now USM is loading.  I set the controller on the UMP server to use 48000 as the first port but it appears that some of the UMP processes may be running on different ones.

• 5.  Re: UIM and UMP 8.1 - USM Not Loading

Posted Feb 05, 2015 12:08 AM

There's two probes that require "non nimsoft" ports. Two that I remember anyway. One is udm_manager, and the other one is probably relationship_services.

-jon