DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Close/Acknowledgement of stored alarm (NAS_ALARM)

Posted Oct 17, 2014 02:27 PM
    Hi, Is there any solution/option in NAS to Close/Acknowledgement the stored alarms (open alarm in NAS_ALARM), please suggest. For example, We want to Close/Acknowledgement/suppress last 10 days logmon alarms on NAS_ALARM (i.e. keep only last 24 hours alarm in NAS_ALARM). Thank you, Prashanth +91 78290 68334

• 2.  Re: Close/Acknowledgement of stored alarm (NAS_ALARM)
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 17, 2014 10:13 PM

Do you mean you want to DELETE (Close/Ack)  all alarms that are older than 24 hours on the alarm console?

If so then crreate a new nas - Auto Operator - rule Titled:  CLEANUP

Action: CLOSE

Action Mode - On Overdue Age:  24h

Select nothing else and that would close all alerts that are older than 24 hours.

• 3.  Re: Close/Acknowledgement of stored alarm (NAS_ALARM)

Posted Oct 21, 2014 12:39 PM
    Hi Dblanco, I appreciate your quick reply. We need to DELETE (Close/Ack) alarms which are belongs to specific probes not all. Hope, selecting probe option is available under auto-operator. Thank you Prashanth +91 78290 68334

• 4.  Re: Close/Acknowledgement of stored alarm (NAS_ALARM)

Posted Oct 21, 2014 03:31 PM

We do this same thing for monitoring that doesn't send a clear through (ie most logmon and certian custom solutions). I've attached a couple screenshots showing a couple examples. 

• 5.  Re: Close/Acknowledgement of stored alarm (NAS_ALARM)

Posted Oct 22, 2014 05:23 PM

Yes, you can include the probe name in the profile matching criteria. In fact, you can likely create one profile to do what you are looking for suing an OR conditiion in the probe field.

example: logmon|ntservices|ntevel. As mentioned before, the action is close and the overdue age would be 24h.

• 6.  Re: Close/Acknowledgement of stored alarm (NAS_ALARM)

Posted Nov 05, 2014 01:00 PM

Hi Jchriste

Need your inputs on below.,

1. We need an event once the AO activity completed (like, after close the events),  can we get this from NAS AO?

2. overdue age : is referring to Event origin date & time or last received date & time. Please elobarate.

Thank you,

Prashanth

+91 78290 68334

• 7.  Re: Close/Acknowledgement of stored alarm (NAS_ALARM)

Posted Nov 19, 2014 08:26 PM

I believe that overdue age is relative to the time the alarm was created. That would be the "Time Arrival" column in the alarm console.

• 8.  Re: Close/Acknowledgement of stored alarm (NAS_ALARM)

Posted Jul 03, 2015 01:51 PM

Does that mean that if a new alarm is triggered for one that was already present that the overdue age field is updated?   I want to clear out all old alarms also, but only if they aren't alarming any longer.