Announcing general availability of CA Nimsoft Monitor 7.6
The CA Nimsoft Monitor team is pleased to announce the release of CA Nimsoft Monitor 7.6, a minor release of the product. This release includes:
- Nimsoft Management Server (the core application engine)
- Unified Management Portal (web interface)
- Unified Reporter (advanced reporting engine)
- Nimsoft Mobile App (Mobile application for iPhone and Android)
This release contains several powerful new features outlined below, in addition to usability enhancements, performance improvements and bug fixes.
To see a short demonstration of the new features found in 7.6, please review this short YouTube video. To skip the introductory information and access the new content for version 7.6, please start the video at the 1:34 mark:
Features & Benefits Nimsoft Monitor Server 7.6
This release improves the stability, scalability, performance, features and functionality of the product.
Unified Management Portal 7.6 USM Alarm View
- The new Alarm View within the USM can now be used as the main window for viewing and managing alarms (versus the Alarm Console portlet). The window displays information about all alarms in a table format, and you can use icons and menu options to view information.
- Also included is the ability to configure custom URL actions to take action on alarms. You can export all alarms in CSV format to aid in situations such (i.e. audits or incident reviews) where alarms need to presented externally.
- Enhanced USM portlet configuration preferences can be used to set the default view of the USM portlet. This includes the existing context options (such as loading to a group or specifying an initial view) as well as a rich set of customizations for the new “All Alarms” view such as controlling the alarm table columns, filters and sorting. These options can also be specified within a defined URL for use with USM standalone mode.
HTML5 Dashboard Upgrades
- Data source selection has been improved, allowing users to choose the source or data via a simple hierarchy of devices, replacing the Source/Target/QoS mechanism.
- A new pie chart widget has been added to 7.6 to allow display of Part/Whole relationships in data.
- Automatic guidelines can be enabled to easily align the edges or center of widgets for exact alignment.
- Keyboard input can now be used for precision control of widgets placement.
- Maintenance mode periods are visible in Line charts, represented as a grey background in the chart.
- Migration has been improved, with better migration notifications and the ability to migrate curved lines.
Other new features include:
CA Nimsoft Monitor 7.6 now includes monitoring support for zLinux REHL-6 and zLinux SLES-11, including:
- A native Robot and Java SDK.
- Probe support currently includes cdm 4.90 (support for logmon, processes, websphere and apache will follow soon).
Key Links for CA Nimsoft Monitor 7.6
All installation files/binaries and documentation can be found within the Downloads section on the CA Nimsoft Monitor Support site.