After upgrading to NMS 7.10 (as well HUB and ROBOT) we get the message as shown in the subject on different hosts.This appears nearly every 15 minutes on different hosts....
It is no network problem!
Check if the spooler is running and is listening on TCP 48001 on those servers. I believe this indicates the controller is unable to communicate with the spooler.
Controller is running and listening on TCP 48001.
I get the message randomly from different hosts.
Check the spooler, not the controller.
You might want to check spooler.log to see if the alarms happen at a time when the spooler is restarting for some reason. Hopefully spooler.log would at least show the restarts so that you could figure out if that could be related.
no it is not a restart problem...
see spooler log attachet
sorry, I checked the spooler not the controller
Funny enough, I've just upgraded to 7.1 (yesterday) and am seeing exactly the same issue.
It seems that it only affects the 7.10 robots as the 5.90 robots i've yet to upgrade are fine.
I'm going to trying rolling back to 5.90 on a couple to see if my theory holds water
I believe support is going to be releasing a new hub and or controller as I know with 7.10 their are some issues with hub communication as well so a fix should be coming shortly. I was told to stay at the 5.x version of hub/controller for now.
This kind of stuff should really be communicated better, or communicated in the first place..
I agree takes creating a case to find out their is a bug for a probe. They should have a list of known issues/bugs listed somewhere.
Hasn't this been a "top wish/idea" for a long time? Even if they don't want us to see the "bugs database" how difficult would it be for someone to do an extract to (for example) csv file, clean it up and post it here once a week. It's not rocket science.
On the other hand not providing this information could be used to:
But that's pure speculation...
(My problem, I'm to use to looking @ GitHub)
WOW WHEE!!!! - Hub 7.11 (Build 706) now available for those brave enough
I upgraded the HUBs to 7.11 build 706....Same error again!
Yea I tried 7.11 for about all of a couple hrs and basically saw the same issue as on 7.10. Left it running long enough to gather logs.
Anyone else bothered by the fact that this version is still available in the web archive? Without any indication of these known issues? Had I not checked the user community forums, I would have spent hours trying to troubleshoot this issue in my environment.
Please vote up this idea:
bvloch wrote:Please vote up this idea: https://na4.salesforce.com/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=08760000000CjAq
You can always vote this one too (not mine):
Anyone got any more feedback on hub v7.11? Should still keep it away from my production system?
I spoke to Nimsoft Support and they told me to downgrade all the hubs to 5.82 and all the robots to 5.90 ! ! !
Support also told me that 7.x is very bugy and they get a lot of support requests....
Adding here one more detail:
logmon 3.32 or earlier can not read queues from 7.11 hub. Downgrading the hub helped.
@Tahkapaa - did you alredy report this to Nimsoft?
@ Everyone else - Have you recieved any meaningful updates from Nimsoft on this issue(s)? We are looking to upgrade soon and was thinking maybe we wait and skip this version.
case is opened for this.
should be fixed in version 7.5
And, hub v7.50 GA is out.
Have upgraded my lab environment hubs, but too early to say anything. Changelog looks promising tho.
Initial feedback since yesterday, is that it might be a bit better, but still issues. One hub has had 74 disconnects since yesterday, and I am still getting random "communication errors" when attempting to open probe UIs, and deploy probes.
That sounds like pretty much the same issues as 7.1 disappointed they haven't had a good hub version since 5.x
Last night I had 75 disconnects too..
Wow how can they not fix this. I know I submitted a ticket for 7.10 and they said it was fixed with I believe 7.11, I said no it isn't same issues, but didn't feel like dealing with support on it so let it be and just downgraded.
The 7.50 robot (which is really 7.05) fixes these issues in my environment.
Turns out you can disable these:
I checked our codebase and you can in fact turn the alarm "Failed to send set_hub to spooler (communication error)” off by setting “alarm_level_spoolererror=0” in robot.cfg.
the 7.63 robot and hub versions seems overcome this problem very good most of the time..
Retrieving data ...