DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Way to auto-discover with RSP probe?

Posted Nov 08, 2013 07:55 PM

We are looking at using the RSP probe to monitor the Citrix PVS provisioned Xenapp servers.  I have been able to discover the servers that are running by IP range and add them to monitoring.  My question is wheter there is a way to configure this discovery to run automatically to rediscover by IP range so that as the Xenapp servers are spun up and offlined we are not missing any.

• 2.  Re: Way to auto-discover with RSP probe?

Posted Nov 09, 2013 09:07 AM

Hi,

I'm not overly familiar with RSP, but I believe discovering hosts is for large parts orchestrated by the GUI. The probe has discover_host and discover_os callbacks that the GUI likely calls several times for your defined range and inserts that information back into the configuration file. I don't see why you couldn't have a script running with your predefined range that invokes these callbacks and inserts stuff into the configuration file accordingly.

-jon

• 3.  Re: Way to auto-discover with RSP probe?

Posted Nov 11, 2013 06:33 PM

Looking at the callback for discover_host adn discover_os, it lloks like it is limited to a single host and not a range of IP's.  Iw as hoping to be able to script the callback to run against a range ofIP's and add any that may not have already been discovered.  I have tried to search for a technical brief on RSP but was not able to find anything.

• 4.  Re: Way to auto-discover with RSP probe?

Posted Nov 12, 2013 10:35 PM

The discovery capabilities in rsp are only there to validate the profile. They're not intended to actually "discover" resources (which is why there's no range supported).