DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  SMS Modem recommendation?

Posted Nov 05, 2013 10:43 PM

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for an SMS modem which works well with Nimsoft. We were using a Multi-Tech, but we upgraded our server to Windows Server 2012 and Multi-Tech does not have drivers for that OS. I opened a support case and they pointed me toward the SMSLib compatibility list, but it appears to be very outdated. 

http://smslib.org/doc/compatibility/

So does anyone know of a device which will work with Server 2012? 

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: SMS Modem recommendation?

Posted Nov 06, 2013 08:00 AM

Hi,

I guess it's not what you're looking for, but we're using SMS modems on windows 2012 servers with moxa's serial to ethernet devices and they're working fine.

-jon

• 3.  Re: SMS Modem recommendation?

Posted Nov 06, 2013 10:11 PM

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the info. Can you provide any more details about your implementation? I am just looking for something I can use with smsgtw to send SMS messages to our engineers if email and/or internet is down.

Thanks

• 4.  Re: SMS Modem recommendation?

Posted Nov 07, 2013 07:51 AM

Unfortunately I haven't configured them myself, so I can't provide very accurate details. As for as I'm aware, it's pretty simple to setup: connect your serial port device to your moxa, configure IP for it, install moxa nport driver on your machine and map the IP to a serial port. From there on out, it acts as a any device connected locally to serial port.

-jon