DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Install robot and deploy probe in a cluster SQL.

Posted Jun 25, 2013 06:17 PM

I tried make a deployment of the robot in machines that have a Microsoft cluster with SQL server. The deployment was successfull, but now I'm not managing open the probe "controller" to analise the machine (the robot was installed only in machine 1).
    What I do? I thought about install the robot manually on the second machine. It's correct?
    And how to I resolve the problem to open the probe "controller". This probe should point to vistual machine? If positive, how do I do that? :smileyindifferent:

• 2.  Re: Install robot and deploy probe in a cluster SQL.

Posted Jun 25, 2013 10:55 PM

When you cannot access the controller, usually that means that TCP 48000 is blocked from where you are running the Infrastructure Manager (unless you are using the Admin Console) or from the hub if a tunnel is involved. Sometimes with a cluster that can be caused by the wrong IP being advertised to the hub by the robot. If you click on the hub in Infrastructure Manager, you should see the IP in the robot list. Make sure it is right; if not, you have to edit it in robot.cfg.

Normally you would install the robot on the second machine as well. I am not sure if you can get Nimsoft to be part of the cluster rather than part of each node. That may be possible, but I have never tried it.

• 3.  Re: Install robot and deploy probe in a cluster SQL.

Posted Jun 25, 2013 11:31 PM

I already verified the robot.cfg file, and the ip address of the hub is correct. The telnet from/to manager by port 48000 was ok in both direction, but by port 48002 just worked from agent to manager.
    I thought about change the port from 48000 in the robot.cfg file, but do not worked.
    Look that this robot been not installed "in loco", but he been deployed by console.

robot.png

• 4.  Re: Install robot and deploy probe in a cluster SQL.

Posted Jun 25, 2013 11:46 PM

You need to check the IP of the robot as reported by the hub, not the IP of the hub in robot.cfg.

• 5.  Re: Install robot and deploy probe in a cluster SQL.

Posted Jun 26, 2013 05:51 PM

Hummmmm... ok.
    And how to can I see that? :smileysurprised:

• 6.  Re: Install robot and deploy probe in a cluster SQL.

Posted Jun 26, 2013 10:46 PM

As I explained above...

If you click on the hub in Infrastructure Manager, you should see the IP in the robot list.