DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Monitor Windows workstations

Posted Feb 27, 2013 05:57 PM

Hello,

Apologies for my perhaps trivial question , I am new to NImsoft.

I have a customer who on top of system and network monitoring requires basic (availability, discovery) monitoring for Windows worksations.

I am thinking about the net_connect probe but I am not completeley sure, since all the documentation talks about server and systems monitoring.

Can someone verify whether Nimsoft Monitor can provide basic monitoring for windows workstations ?

thank you,

Spyros

• 2.  Re: Monitor Windows workstations

Posted Feb 27, 2013 07:19 PM

According to the support matrix on the download page, it looks like the core Windows probes officially support Windows 7.

You could probably also monitor the workstations with the rsp probe if you do not want to put an agent on them.

• 3.  Re: Monitor Windows workstations

Posted Feb 27, 2013 08:04 PM

I run at least cdm, ntevl, ntservices, ntperf on xp and windows 7 workstation without any problems.

• 4.  Re: Monitor Windows workstations

Posted Feb 28, 2013 05:02 PM

Thank youall  for your feedback,

In the case we needed only availability monitoring and nothing more, would the net_connect probe apply or not ?

In other words, would it be applicable to use the Nimsoft Monitor Ping Pack instead of the Monitor Server pack ?

thank you,

Spyros

• 5.  Re: Monitor Windows workstations

Posted Feb 28, 2013 06:45 PM

If you just want to verify network connectivity than yes, the Ping Pack is your best option.