DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Domain User to install/Run Nimsoft

Posted Jan 07, 2013 01:50 PM

Is there any problem if the user account used to install Nimsoft is deleted from Domain? Does Nimsoft still works? Any problem changing the password of this account or if it expires??

Some collegues told me its better to use a dedicated account to install/run Nimsoft to avoid these problems in production environments. Are tese problems "real"?

Any best practice in this matter?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Domain User to install/Run Nimsoft

Posted Jan 07, 2013 02:39 PM

Hi,

By default the agent runs with system account, so unless you change that, you won't come across any problems. Otherwise, it will stop working as any other service would

-jon

• 3.  Re: Domain User to install/Run Nimsoft

Posted Jan 07, 2013 06:50 PM
    That is what I suggested him but he remembered to find some problems in London2012 operations with the user used to install Nimsoft, running as system account, etc.

Thanks!

• 4.  Re: Domain User to install/Run Nimsoft

Posted Jan 10, 2013 06:21 PM

I've never seen an issue related to the account that was used to install Nimsoft.

• 5.  Re: Domain User to install/Run Nimsoft

Posted Jan 11, 2013 10:27 AM
    I supose they changed the "run as local system account" to use a Domain account to run the service. Any situation this change could be better? Security?

Javier

• 6.  Re: Domain User to install/Run Nimsoft

Posted Jan 11, 2013 05:09 PM

That setup allows the data_engine and other probes to connect to the database with the domain account rather than a SQL Server account. I have been told that running SQL Server with Windows-only authentication rather than mixed mode is more secure, but I am not sure how much of a difference it makes.

• 7.  Re: Domain User to install/Run Nimsoft

Posted Jan 11, 2013 09:24 PM
    Ok then.

I will install it "as usual" using local service account and thats all.

Thanks!