DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  net_connect QoS missing

Posted Oct 16, 2012 06:30 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have deployed net_connect to a windows machine, and set up two hosts to ping, and to record packet loss and latency QoS.  However, only the second one is recording packet loss and packet latency, the other records 0 for every minute.  Oddly, this host is recording ping QoS.

The probe log shows no errors with the logging turned right up, and the status screen on the probe shows correct values for dropped packets and time used etc. And the host ping test works fine.

I am at a loss, how can I debug the missing QoS ?

thanks,

Ian

• 2.  Re: net_connect QoS missing

Posted Oct 16, 2012 06:34 PM

What version of net_connect ar you running? Have you checked in the s_qos_data SQL table if the QoS has been created? Have you used the SLM QoS viewer (table data) to see what is being logged?

• 3.  Re: net_connect QoS missing

Posted Oct 16, 2012 07:24 PM

Within the Net_connect probe a value <= 20 ms is frequently reported by Windows a being 0. So although it is being monitored ) just means its less than 20ms response time. This might be what your experiencing

• 4.  Re: net_connect QoS missing

Posted Oct 18, 2012 03:51 PM

Hi Guys,

It is net_connect 2.81, and yes, the QoS table has the entries in it. Sorry I should have said that. Using SLM it shows the values as 0.00 all the way.  When i use the 'test service' function on the probe I am getting responses in 90+ ms so I cannot believe every response is less than 20, so I don't think that is the case either. It is a mystery to me.  The host which is returning latency is set to poll less often, so I will match this one with it (2mins changing to 5mins) and see what happens.

• 5.  Re: net_connect QoS missing
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 18, 2012 04:07 PM
      |   view attached

Wll, 5 minutes has done it. I don't know why it should do so, maybe it is with the measurement calculation.  But I am happy !

Thank you