DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How to export or copy UMP Dynamic Dashboard - OS level

Posted Aug 03, 2012 04:35 PM

Under Dynamic Views - we have Network and Servers.

Under Servers - we have Unix and Windows and when these are expanded out we see server names.

When I click on the Windows level, I'm able to see a table which shows robot, hub name, OS Major, Minor, etc 

How can I export or copy this table into a new customized dashboard,  I would like some columns to be removed.?

I am unable to locate a template for this.

Thank you in advance.

Sonya

• 2.  Re: How to export or copy UMP Dynamic Dashboard - OS level

Posted Aug 07, 2012 10:57 PM

Dynamic dashboards are created by a SQL query against the discovery tables in the database.  In this particular case the CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM table.

If you open up the SQL Query editer on SLM (or Server Management Studio if you have it for the database) and do a query like:

select *
    from CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM
    where nimbus_type in (1,2)

This will grab all the data for all servers that have reported in as Nimsoft robots and hubs (nimbus_type 1 and 2 respectively).

You can then look at the column names and craft your query according to the columns you want (ip, os_name...)

You would then create a table in a custom dashboard and use this query to populate the table, if a custom dashboard is where you want it displayed, that is.

• 3.  Re: How to export or copy UMP Dynamic Dashboard - OS level

Posted Aug 10, 2012 01:47 PM

Thank you. I did run your query and saw results that I needed.  I had tried something like this - select robotname, alarm_status, cpu_usage, memory_usage, os_minor, os_description from GRP_SERVER where os_minor LIKE 'Windows%' AND nimbus_type LIKE 'controller' ORDER BY robotname

A Nimsoft Dashboard expert ended up helping me create a list view which had link to Server Performance reports - filtering on Drive C because OS and IP information is not stored in the QOS tables.