stevedavidson

Re-vitalization of our Knowledge Base on the articles tab

Discussion created by stevedavidson on Feb 8, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 15, 2012 by stevedavidson

Hello Everyone:

You may have noticed recent work on the articles tab of the customer portal.  We are in the process of re-categorizing all of our existing articles and assigning a new, more descriptive article types to each. Our goal is to make it easier for you to find what you are looking for!

Additionally, all articles will be categorized based on platform, product, probe, and topic. Where relevant, we will categorize to the version level.  So when you are interested in finding all of the 'Troubleshooting' articles for NMS 5.6.1, you will be able to do so easily.

The topic category will become particularly helpful in allowing you to retrieve high level groupings of articles based on your technical areas of interest.  A good example is the 'Tunnels' topic.  Choose this as your filter and you will get all articles that have been categorized with this topic.

Please be patient with us as this re-vitalization of our knowledge base is still in progress.  Also, bear in mind that only the migrated articles are being categorized.  Within a few weeks, all 'customer solutions' articles will have been migrated to the new set of article types, at which time all articles will be categorized.  All new articles will, of course, be assigned a new article type and category.

Finally, do you have questions and answers you would like to contribute to our Frequently Asked Questions articles? Do you have troubleshooting tips that you can contribute?  How to procedures that might help a peer? Best practices that you have acquired through your experience with Nimsoft products?  As you know, when you create a case through the customer portal, a search is performed to find a list of possible solutions.  Your contribution could help one of your colleagues resolve their issue more quickly.  If you do have contributions to make, please let me know at knowledgemanager@nimsoft.com. I will, of course, attribute the contribution to you upon publication.

If you have comments or suggestions as we move forward, please do not hesitate to offer them.

I am looking forward to working with you all!

Stephen Davidson

Worldwide Technical Knowledge Manager

Outcomes