DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  RemedyGTW... Close Ticket When Alarm is Cleared?

Posted Oct 31, 2011 09:43 PM

Community,

I am configuring the RemedyGTW Probe and I do not see functionality or documentation on where if an Alarm is cleared where it would close the ticket in Remedy. Is this Possible and has anyone done this?

Thanks,

Jarrod

• 2.  Re: RemedyGTW... Close Ticket When Alarm is Cleared?

Posted Oct 31, 2011 10:31 PM

Jarrod,

One of the guys on our PS team developed a script to allow for this - I'll shoot him and email so he can chime in for assistance.

Dustin

• 3.  Re: RemedyGTW... Close Ticket When Alarm is Cleared?

Posted Oct 31, 2011 10:45 PM

Unfortunately the script being referred to was the other direction - when ticket is closed, then close the alarm. I think this is actually a question that needs to go to the developers of the probe to see if that type of functionality has been included. The main problem is having the ability to know that the alarm_close message needs to be transfered to Remedy. the alarm_close messages do not contain an assigned_to field, which is generally the key for the probe to send information from the alarm message to Remedy.

• 4.  Re: RemedyGTW... Close Ticket When Alarm is Cleared?

Posted Oct 31, 2011 10:56 PM

Yea I was looking for a way to call a soap web service using lua but not finding anything. If someone has a script to do so or anything scripting for LUA and Remedy Web Services it would come in extremely useful for me. 

• 5.  Re: RemedyGTW... Close Ticket When Alarm is Cleared?

Posted Jun 13, 2012 10:20 PM

Were you able to get the remedygtw probe configured and have you been able to assign alerts from Nimbus to Remedy to generate tickets?  We are trying to get this configured and operating but have not had any luck and I am STILL waiting on Nimsoft to provide a resolution to a case I have open with them.

• 6.  Re: RemedyGTW... Close Ticket When Alarm is Cleared?

Posted Jun 13, 2012 10:24 PM

I got it working without using the RemedyGTW. I built a VBScript that accepts variables and then call the REMEDY SOAP web service that our Company has created. Inside the VBScript i compile the XML soap message into a variable and the response from VBScript XMLHTTP object i parse through and get the ticket number and return it to LUA and update a custom field with the ticket number. Resolving i have done the same way just less Vars.

• 7.  Re: RemedyGTW... Close Ticket When Alarm is Cleared?

Posted Jun 13, 2012 10:27 PM

There is no options for manipulating the data that sends to remedy with the Probe which is the main reason i did it the way i did. I now have full controll of the process and I log everything to a custom SQL table. The LUA/VBscript withing the AO is the best way to do it IMO.