DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Specifying duration for alarms from hub probe about license getting expired

Posted Oct 25, 2011 12:38 PM

Hi,

I would like to know how to specifying duration for the following. The referred screenshot is pasted below.

1) Minimum number of days after which the "hub" probe will send an alarm for license getting expired. Referring the screenshot, I want to alter 28 days duration here.

2) Duration between two consecutive alerts from "hub" probe for license getting expired.

Regards,

Amit Saxena

• 2.  Re: Specifying duration for alarms from hub probe about license getting expired

Posted Oct 26, 2011 04:21 PM

I am not sure if those settings are configurable. If you want to make the 28 days smaller, you can always filter the alarms at the NAS until they reach the threshold you prefer. If you want to make it bigger to know about the issue sooner, you would need a configuration option.

Hub license expiration would be fairly easy to check from a script if it were really important to you to modify the behavior of the alarms (and if there is no ability to change these settings in the config file). There is a callback in the hub to get the license info, which would include the expiration date.

-Keith

• 3.  Re: Specifying duration for alarms from hub probe about license getting expired

Posted Oct 27, 2011 07:34 AM

Hi Keith,

I would like to access and modify the configuration which maps to various severities range to the number of days left in license getting expired. Also I need to generate the alarm sooner also.

Regards,

Amit Saxena