DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Variables List

Posted Sep 15, 2011 11:12 PM

Hello,

I am looking to change the descirption/message of an alarm. The default message string shows number values that arent too helpful, and a word would make more sense. I have searched for a list of variables that I can inject, but have not managed to find the list.

Some variable examples are:

'$ChkName

$EntityName

$profile_name

$value

$oper

$thr

Instead of the $value which outputs a number (ex: 2), I want it to input a word like 'down' if the vlaue of 2 is mapped to a down state.

Im assuming this should be fairly simple; any guidance would be aprreciated.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Variables List

Posted Sep 16, 2011 06:19 AM

Which probe?

• 3.  Re: Variables List

Posted Sep 16, 2011 04:50 PM

cisco_nxos probe for now...

I was hoping there woould be a full list somewhere; if not, how would this differ per probe?

Thanks

• 4.  Re: Variables List
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 16, 2011 05:38 PM

Every probe does something different, so they support different variables. For example, the logmon probe montiors log files, and it supports a variable for the name of the log file monitored by the profile generating the alarm. That variable would not make sense in the cdm probe, which is monitoring CPU, disk, and memory.

Have you looked at the probe help for the cisco_nxos probe? Usually you can find a list of variables for a probe in one of two places. A list is often included in the probe help, or sometimes you can get a list of variables to appear dynamically in the probe GUI by typing a $ when entering a log message and then pausing. (The probe help might mention if this technique works, but I would probably try it even if the help does not mention it.)

• 5.  Re: Variables List

Posted Sep 16, 2011 06:17 PM

Entering '$' and pausing did the trick...I was not aware of that before.

Thanks!