DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  editing default users private pages in UMP

Posted Aug 30, 2011 08:40 PM

I would like to control the pages that are available to users in UMP.  For instance in the Unified Dashboards we do not have Vblock, Power, Storage components of Nimsoft monitoring solution so why have them displayed.  Is there anyway I can hide or remove them so that when a user logs in they are not visible?  Also can I have it so certain ACL's may have some visible but for other ACL's they are not visible?

• 2.  Re: editing default users private pages in UMP

Posted Aug 30, 2011 08:58 PM

you have to use communites and LAR files.

• 3.  Re: editing default users private pages in UMP

Posted Aug 30, 2011 09:00 PM

Answer to question 1 is you can delete those pages then export the lar file and make it the default lar (default_user_private_nms.lar) by putting it in the 

D:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\probes\service\wasp\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes or path to your install.  Then restart wasp.

You will have to deativate then delete the users that allready have logins so they get the new lar file. Which is the easiest way.  Or you can manually go to users pages and delete yourself.

As far as controlling pages based on ACL I don't believe this is possible.  You can create groups and assign users to that group and give them certain pages but it's a manual process to create the pages for that group as well.

Hope this helps.