DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Truncated entries in the output of a callback when executed over a command prompt using pu.exe command

Posted Aug 23, 2011 12:17 PM

Hi all,

I have observed many instances of truncated entries in the output of a callback when executed over a command prompt using pu.exe command.

As an example, executing following command over command prompt lists all the processes along with other details which includes entries for "command_line" and "executable", the values of which are mostly truncated and hence ended with a "~" (tilde) sign.

pu.exe -u username -p password /Domain1/PrimaryHub1/host1/processes list_processes

Please suggest if there is a way to get complete output.

Regards,

Amit Saxena

• 2.  Re: Truncated entries in the output of a callback when executed over a command prompt using pu.exe c

Posted Aug 23, 2011 08:49 PM

I do not think this can be changed. When the pu command has failed to show me what I need, I have had to use the API.

-Keith

• 3.  Re: Truncated entries in the output of a callback when executed over a command prompt using pu.exe c

Posted Aug 23, 2011 08:55 PM

Hi Keith,

For me, the need for this arised when I wanted to copy some text from the output in clipboard so that I can paste it in some editor like notepad etc. When I issue a callback by invoking CTRL->P on any probe, I do get the output in the right window however I can't select that output in the clipboard. Double clicking that like just opens a dialog box with that text but even at that stage, I can't copy it.

The method mentioned by you definitely works however sometimes it's tedious to write a LUA script, as an example. every time when I want to copy the text.

Regards,

Amit Saxena

• 4.  Re: Truncated entries in the output of a callback when executed over a command prompt using pu.exe c

Posted Aug 23, 2011 08:57 PM

When you get the results in the Probe Utility GUI and double-click the line you want, press Ctrl+C.

• 5.  Re: Truncated entries in the output of a callback when executed over a command prompt using pu.exe c

Posted Aug 23, 2011 09:09 PM

Hi Keith,

I will surely try this and let you know. I always tried to select the text before pressing CTRL-C after double clicking the line. As selecting the like was not possible, I could not copy it.

One more related query, can I copy multiple likes or even all the output of callback in pu GUI ?

Regards,

Amit Saxena

• 6.  Re: Truncated entries in the output of a callback when executed over a command prompt using pu.exe c

Posted Aug 23, 2011 11:26 PM

As far as I know, you cannot copy more than one field in the GUI at a time.

-Keith

• 7.  Re: Truncated entries in the output of a callback when executed over a command prompt using pu.exe c
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 24, 2011 07:58 AM

Hi Keith,

I just checked and found that there is indeed a way to copy entire output from the GUI.

Once a callback is executed from the GUI, single click any row and press CTRL-C. This will copy the contents of entire output in clipboard. For copying a single line, just double click any row and then press CTRL-C will copy single line of output, as also mentioned by you earlier.

Regards,

Amit Saxena