DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Issue commands to AS400 via Nimsoft

Posted Jun 30, 2011 10:56 PM

Looking for assistance on how to generate a command to the AS400 in reponse to a fetchmsg probe alarm.

Dustin provided me with the following suggestions, just checking for all possible optoions.

Jerome,

For this, I think your only [easy] option would be through issuing calls directly to the Probes on the iSeries host via Lua, specifically I think you could piggyback off of the fetchmsg send_reply call back to pass commands.

The other option would be to script something using telnet/batch/something similar to remotely connect to the iSeries and execute a command via the NAS.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Issue commands to AS400 via Nimsoft

Posted Jul 04, 2012 05:59 AM

Does anyone have some code they could share?  I would be very interested in doing something like this as well.

Thank you.

• 3.  Re: Issue commands to AS400 via Nimsoft

Posted Oct 27, 2014 05:36 PM
    I'm looking for the same thing here.
    A way to answer a message on the qsysopr, but the answer must scheduled only for the weekends.

Anyone? :smileyhappy:

• 4.  Re: Issue commands to AS400 via Nimsoft

Posted Sep 14, 2017 01:20 PM

I'm thinking...

Create an NFS share from Linux Server to AS400..

Create logmon profile on Linux box to run a command in the IFS folder on the AS400 Server.

I'm yet to test this but will report back with results

• 5.  Re: Issue commands to AS400 via Nimsoft

Posted Nov 08, 2017 04:39 PM

Great! Let us know how it goes

• 6.  Re: Issue commands to AS400 via Nimsoft

Posted Nov 08, 2017 04:43 PM

The funny thing is that this function already excist in the history-probe.

You have the "command on interval" option. And I've tried it to do a STRSBS/ENDSBS and it works perfectly. 

This option really needs to go in to Logmon (cmd), which isn't an option for logmon on IBM i.

• 7.  Re: Issue commands to AS400 via Nimsoft

Posted Jul 16, 2018 08:32 AM

Created an idea for this here:

Issue commands to AS400 via UIM 

• 8.  Re: Issue commands to AS400 via Nimsoft

Posted Oct 19, 2018 10:31 AM

RE this comment:

I think your only [easy] option would be through issuing calls directly to the Probes on the iSeries host via Lua, specifically I think you could piggyback off of the fetchmsg send_reply call back to pass commands.

I've just tested this but it doesn't appear to work. There are 3 fields on the "Send_reply" option in Probe callback, these are:

key

answer

queue

When I try to send a basic command such as : call qcmd it fails with "invalid arguement".