DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Code Wizard 1.70 documentation not updated with the API for C#(dot NET)

• 1.  Code Wizard 1.70 documentation not updated with the API for C#(dot NET)

Posted Jun 14, 2011 04:57 PM

Hi all,

I deployed beta version of Code Wizard 1.70 and also deployed dot NET API for C#. I generated sample code for generating an alarm in C# and search for the API in the help file. However the API was listed under section for perl.

Please let me know where I can refer for getting latest SDK for making dot NET programs.

The sample C# code generated using Code Wizard 1.70 is as follows.

/*################################################################# # CodeWizard:  C# .net # This code was generated with the Nimsoft CodeWizard version 1.70 # Date: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 */ public class example_probe : NimbusProbe {      private XmlDocument m_config;       example_probe ():base() {          this.RegisteredEvent += new EventHandler<EventArgs>(Initialize);      }       public static void Main(String[] args) {      example_probe exampleprobe =null;         try {              exampleprobe = new example_probe();              exampleprobe.Register();         }catch(NimException e) {             Console.WriteLine(e.Message);         }           // Run probe (might be omitted)          exampleprobe.Run(1000);     }       public void Run(int sleepTime) {          while (!Stop) {                   Sleep(sleepTime);          }     }        protected override void LoadConfig() {          LogLevel loglevel = this.GetLogLevel();          try {              FileConfig cfg = new FileConfig("example_probe.cfg");              m_config = cfg.GetAsXml(true);              try {                   this.SetLogLevel((LogLevel)int.Parse(m_config.SelectSingleNode("configuration/setup").Attributes["loglevel"].Value));                  } catch(Exception ) {                  }          } catch(Exception ex) {          } finally {                  this.SetLogLevel(loglevel);          }      }       private void Initialize(object sender, EventArgs e) {          this.RegisterCallback(this, "cmdTestConnection", "TestConnection", AccessLevel.Read, "Test Query Callback", false, "", this.GetLogLevel());      }        private void SendAlarm() {              CIHandle nimCIHandle = ciOpenLocalDevice("citype", "ciname");             // for remote probe monitoring, use ciOpenRemoteDevice  method instead of ciOpenlocalDevice.             // nimCIHandle = ciOpenRemoteDevice("citype", "ciname","Hostname");               int iPriority=2;              ciAlarm(nimCIHandle, "metric", "Alarm Message", iPriority, "Suppression", "Subsystem", "Source",null);              nimCIHandle.Dispose();       } }

I searched for the API "ciAlarm" in the SDK file that gets launched when I click the HELP button and found that the API was listed under perl.

Moreover, I found that the help file was not updated though the Code Wizard binary was updated.

Please help.

Regards,

Amit Saxena