DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How to configure Infrastructure Manager to display all the probes and their details which are in BETA

Posted Jun 11, 2011 05:57 PM

Hi all,

How to configure Infrastructure Manager to display all the probes details which are in BETA ?

Regards,

Amit Saxena

• 2.  Re: How to configure Infrastructure Manager to display all the probes and their details which are in
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 13, 2011 06:26 PM

When viewing the local archive in the Infrastructure Manger, you can right-click and from the Internet Archive Mode option in the menu, you can choose GA or beta. If you choose beta, it will treat the beta versions of the probes on the Internet Archive as the current versions. Then any of the probes you have in your archive that are not up to the beta version will be highlighted as having a new version available.

In this mode, I do not think you can tell the difference between a GA probe that is still the latest version and a beta probe that is already downloaded. If the Infrastructure Manager sees that you have the latest version available of GA or beta (when running in beta mode), I think the icon stays light green.

-Keith

• 3.  Re: How to configure Infrastructure Manager to display all the probes and their details which are in

Posted Jun 14, 2011 07:46 AM

Hi Keith,

That was exactly what I wanted. Thanks for the help.

However, I have one observation and possible feature request here. The current mode of BETA is a bit confusing for the same reasons mentioned by Keith. I would recommend clubbing both of the views together in a same view with the value in the column status reflecting whether a probe has a BETA version available or not.

What other's view on this ?

Regards,

Amit Saxena