DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  SLA Graphs

Posted May 18, 2011 08:20 PM

I'm working through a process of putting together a management overview of SLA's.  One thing they are looking at is wanting a daily SLA trend.  Now I know on the back end this is easy to do however I am having some challenges with the views.  

I'd like to place the graph on a dashboard that shows the SLA/SLO trend, however I can't find any way to do this.  Trying to remember back on the EC, I was pretty sure you could graph SLA and SLO objects but that doesn't seem to be the case in UMP. 

Has anyone found a decent way of doing this without requesting a management team to open each SLA up within the UMP SLA viewer or through individual reports?

Thanks!

Dave

• 2.  Re: SLA Graphs

Posted May 23, 2011 05:00 PM

Looking at this further the only way I can find the graphically represent historical SLA data is via a SQL query.  But then that can't be applied to a graph as it only allows for QoS metrics to be used.  Has anyone come up with a good solution for this?  I am tempted to have the sql_response probe run the query and create a new QoS to store this data, which is already in the database under the SLA tables.  

I'm simply trying to create a graph on a dashboard that shows the SLA/SLO compliance per month on a dashboard.

• 3.  Re: SLA Graphs

Posted May 24, 2011 06:06 PM

Still curious what others have inplace for this.  The SQL_RESPONSE probe seems to be the only solution I can find.

• 4.  Re: SLA Graphs

Posted Jan 17, 2012 11:49 PM

This is an old post but I am interested as well.  Did anyone find a solution to this as of yet?